Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Hanalei Music & Hula Festival 2003
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aplenty
Akahai

62 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2003 :  7:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit aplenty's Homepage
Aloha all! Have been offline for a bit with workshops and the festival preparations and just now getting back into things... email, etc.

The festival was held last Saturday June 7th and was an amazing success... the ancestors were definitely there and the rains that soaked most of the rest of the island just moved around us... the clouds kept us all cool enough... and the laulau (chicken or pork) plate lunch was the best ever. The music and dancers were all excellent and our 'surprise' guests were a hit as well. Already folks are planning schedules for next year and several visiting couples have signed up on the volunteer staff list. Mahalo nui loa to everyone that made this event possible!

I sent all the details out in the newsletters yesterday. If you'd like to see a few pics of the event and get a little feel for it, check out the slide show on the website... I'll be adding some more too as I get through all the film.

http://www.alohaplentyhawaii.com

Enjoy!
Aloha and a hui hou... e ola mau ki ho'alu!
Sandy & Doug

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2003 :  11:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Great pics! I wish you good luck in all of your future endeavors. I spent many a summer on Kauai back in the 70's. I learned a lot of my hapa-haole music on the Wailua river boat cruises. We use to play at the Spin Drifter, Holiday Inn and the CoCo Palms. There use to be a house with a giant Tiki in the front yard located on Kuhio Highway as you drive though Kapaa towards Hanalei. Very close to the CoConut Grove shopping center? I used to live there.. Ahhhhhhhh, thanks for the memories...
Go to Top of Page

aplenty
Akahai

62 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  02:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit aplenty's Homepage
Glad you enjoyed the pics! Now that we are starting to recover from the endeavor, we're thinking about next year. A young man came to the beach tonight wearing his festival t-shirt... it was really rewarding for us to have the teenagers enjoy and participate so much. Now we just need more young slack key players!!
Aloha,
Sandy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000