Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Hello to Everyone
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  11:21:46 PM  Show Profile
The one major area I think steel stringers have an advantage is harmonics. In my experience they are easier to play and more bell like on the steels.

The high tension strings solve the buzz on my guitars.

Piffle, Try the Hense. Hannebach's High Tension are also good, not as "warm" sounding on my instruments. - if you weant even more tension, try Hannebach Extra High Tension - you can slack them down 2 whole steps and still have tension. A friend uses them and they sound great on his high end Apparicio. Don't sound as good on my guitars.

Raymond
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  11:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by cmdrpiffle

The newer generation guitars like Craig mentioned don't suffer from those limitations however.
If you're talking about buzzing, not true...it all depends on how the guitar's action is set and the type of strings you're using. Right now I'm buzzing slightly in Taro Patch with D'Addario EXPs, but I haven't had the guitar set up yet. I may try the higher tension strings first before I do though.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  11:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by cpatch

Right now I'm buzzing slightly in Taro Patch...
I am talking about the strings!

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2003 :  12:32:23 AM  Show Profile
TOO LATE

Craigs buzzed!

Raymond, I will. My Ramirez is starting to rattle on the B string at the 15th fret. It's an old guitar, and a bit more stress will do it good. Thank you for the suggestion.

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2003 :  02:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Along with the topic/thread on which strings to use for the best ki ho`alu sound, we should start one on which beer to use to accomplish the same!

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 06/17/2003 2:29:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2003 :  2:26:03 PM  Show Profile

Aloha and welcome Dean!
I hope you can get together with your friendly neighborhood So Cal Slack Key Society!

Keith, the next So Cal Kanikapila is July 28th, you say? That works for me!

Craig sez
quote:
we should start one on which beer to use.

I use to dabble in stouts but now I like a Corrrona and a slice of lime.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000