Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Free SK in SF Bay Area
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2003 :  3:50:41 PM  Show Profile
I will be playing 2nd & 4th Fridays from 6:00 pm - 8:30 PM at El Calderon Restaurant in Mt. View. (Calderon & Church Street) This is a nice family run Salvadorean place with great food at a cheap price. Excellent pupusas and very good Pososle.(They have a website, but I lost the link) Slack key at a Salvadorean restaurant? Yes - I'm going to be doing a blend of Hawaiian songs in SK, (more of a focus on ballads and the better hapa haole) as well as Latin songs in a more or less SK style. For me it's an exciting opportunity to "interface" two of my great passions. I expect to modify the programming and styles as time goes on based on customer reaction. This will not be slack key in the "old style."
Raymond Stovich
San Jose

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2003 :  4:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Raymond, repeat after me: "Google, google, google!" Here's the site:

http://www.edesignsbysuze.com/elcalderon

BTW, are your two great passions slack key and Salvadorean food or Hawaiian and Latin music?

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 06/18/2003 03:23:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2003 :  4:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
raymond, excellent! it sounds like a lot of fun creativity!

will this be going on for the indefinite future? if so, i can use it to select dates for my next business trip up to the frozen NorCall wilds...

aloha,

Keith

Edited by - marzullo on 06/17/2003 4:32:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  7:59:57 PM  Show Profile
Craig,
Latin music goes back decades. Hawaiian music much less, but more intense. Good food of any culture is primal though.

Keith,
How long it goes on will depend on how well it goes, customer reaction and wear and tear on my body. We are planning to try to keep it going at least into Dec.

Raymond
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000