Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Happy Summer Solstice!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  10:23:08 PM  Show Profile
Dusty,

Did you get to play, too? Jams, not just workshops? Sounds great.

If we Puget Sound people could ever get together, I'll bet we could do something slack keyish at the various festivals and events around here.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  12:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
pauline, i was at the fremont festival on sat, i would have liked to have seen your group, but i missed most of the parade. however while we were stuck in a traf jam looking for parking on a side street, about 50 nude people in body paint drove by on bicycles, we all got a kick out of that (you werent in that group also were you?), lee.

Lee
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  01:58:49 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou.
Sheesh, you all had more fun on the solstice - I had to exhibit my work at the Marin Art Festival, was kinda slow, should have taken my 'uke along. . . .

Hey Stacey, there are nasty jellyfish on Hawai'i, and they come in with the wind, just like they do here in Calipono. Got stung but good and had to go to emergency room. Ugh. You can't see 'em in the water unless you're underneath 'em. Whew. Big lesson, that.

me ke aloha, Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  12:10:11 PM  Show Profile
Pauline sez:

quote:
Did you get to play, too? Jams, not just workshops? Sounds great.

Yeah, I played a lot - mostly solo.

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 06/24/2003 12:11:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  12:26:03 PM  Show Profile
Lee, Wasn't parking awful! I was told to get there early, by 10:30. It worked for leaving one car at Gasworks Park, lots of space, but the concept of parking near the parade start was a joke. I suspect it always is tough with so many apartments around. I ended up donating $15 to B.F.Day School for the privilege of parking where I thought I could at least find my car again and it was one of their last slots. Sheesh. Gripe over.

Dusty - great!!!

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  3:52:59 PM  Show Profile
Cathe sez
quote:
Hey Stacey, there are nasty jellyfish on Hawai'i, and they come in with the wind, just like they do here in Calipono.

Aloha Cathe ~ I believe that, but I still wanted to whine that I want to go to Hawaii. Hee Hee.
Sorry you got stung! I hope you're alright. Yeouch!

Edited by - Stacey on 06/24/2003 3:53:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000