Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Beer Barrel Polka...Slack Key Style!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  9:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Based on an earlier post regarding slack key and polka (!), Bill Campbell has graciously tabbed out his slack key rendition of "Beer Barrel Polka" and made it available for TaroPatch members. You can find it here:

TablEdit File
Adobe Acrobat File (PDF)
MIDI File

Enjoy!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 06/24/2003 5:43:23 PM

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  9:30:05 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo nui loa to Bill for the tab and also to you, Craig for posting it!

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  9:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Aloha & Mahalo Craig!
Being a Polish Beer Drinker, I can greatly appreciate this!
Aloha,
Stacey

Edited by - Stacey on 06/23/2003 9:31:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  10:28:44 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Bill & Craig,

Yes, thanks to you both! I'd love to see the hula to this! I bet it could be fun.

Mahalo,

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  10:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
This reminds me...a few weekends ago my daughter and I were visiting my sister and her son in Davis (CA) and we decided to take the kids (6 and 4) to Muir Woods. We ended up hiking 4-5 miles almost up to the ridge and back in one of my favorite places on earth. But the thing that made it really special (apart from being with family) was that somewhere above us, not too far away, a polka band was playing and their music was drifting through the valley where we were hiking. It was very surreal and thoroughly delightful. (Too bad it wasn't slack key.)

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  10:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Oh, I almost forgot...stay tuned for more tab. Patrick Landeza has agreed to share the tab for his beautiful (and very easy to play) Pilipuka. I'll post it as soon as I have a chance.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  12:11:27 AM  Show Profile
Waiting with almost bated breath! Gasp, I just took a breath. Only almost.

In anticipation (you did say easy? I have to save BBPolka for that someday when I'll be up to it.),

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  12:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Very easy Pauline...only 8 unique measures with lots of repeats and mostly simple stuff in all 8 measures. The hardest thing you'll have to do is bar the fifth fret and do a two finger hammer.

Oh, and BTW: I think the hula to BB Polka would resemble something you would see on the top of a bar in Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras.

Since it's good to breathe, I just took the time to put the Pilipuka tab up!

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 06/24/2003 01:31:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  02:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Craig;

I live just down the other side of the ridge you were hiking above Muir Woods - nex' time stop by, bring you guitah, eh?
The polka music you heard wasn't a dream, it came form the afternoon dance session of the Alpine Hiking Club, which has wonderful beery and bratwurst parties at their clubhouse, built around 1920 and still going strong. It's one of the few private facilities on Mt. Tamalpais now that it's a State Park. Disconcerting to those not in the know. <G>

cathe
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  03:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hey Cathe, I didn't even know we were going to be down your way until the day before. I did think about getting in touch with you so I could at least say hi but figured that with my sister and the kids in tow it would end up being too much of an imposition. This was the weekend before my S.F. trip...yep, I actually flew from Sacramento to San Diego Monday morning, dropped my daughter off with her mom, then flew back up to S.F. that afternoon!

The polka music was anything but disconcerting...we all got a big kick out of it!

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  11:06:38 PM  Show Profile
Be afraid, be very afraid.

I've spent the last 30 minutes learning the Beer Barrel Polka.

Although super easy to play....there is someting more.

I have been playing it at double speed on my National Style O resonator guitar. Of course slacked down to C.

Talk about a friggin fun song to play. I've amused myself for almost an hour now, and there is no telling where this may go. I find myself with a vague want for kielbasa. And onions. And blondes in leiderhosen. Definately blondes anyway.

Anyway, thanks Bill, and Craig. This is too much fun.

RAYMOND, I challenge you to a ki'ho alu polka fest!

I'm pretty dangerous right now. Probably shouldnt have been exposed to this music. I'm thinkin' accordians! And Lawrence Welk, and my dad's old 'Limelighters' albums.

If I can't be in Maui, then I'll POLKA dammit!

Kommanduer 'Lech' Pifflekowski
Polka Warrior
s

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000