Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Central/So Cal Heads up
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2003 :  11:06:46 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday I attended Amy Hanali'i Gilliom & Willie K. Concert, openning by Makaha and a local group. -- They were in great form - not slack key but a great evening of some of the best falsetto, - I've heard Amy a few times, but I think this is the best she's sung. Don't know what she did - maybe that tour with the Tutu's, who knows, but dynamite. Willie was in a groove - dynamite - and their lead guitarist is awesome. Makana did a great set, but one which might irritate "traditionalists" 'cause he did a very modern rendition of a song which he called "traditional Slack Key" - picky picky aside, he played wonderful guitar. My recommenation is to not miss it.
Raymond Stovich
San Jose

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  12:52:39 AM  Show Profile
Raymond, and all

Sorry I could not be there. Willy is the best conformal guitarist I have ever seen. Makana I saw last Sept in Boulder Creek, and he was awesome. Amy makes my heart flutter! ?Together must have been something indeed.

How goes the Cuban gig? We are SO going to make reservations there when you are playing! You rock Raymond.

Hey, you never responded to my 'Polka Challenge'

Wanna Polka?

Strelt noyeuve nyet nyer berushnikov niky koboltinekt!!!

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  5:08:10 PM  Show Profile
2nd and 4th Fridays - Salvadorean restaurant called El Calderon in Mt. View - no reservations taken, necessary. Be fun to see you and any other TP ohana

Right now I barely have time to play a song or two just for fun, so I'll have to put off the polka for a bit.

Raymond
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000