Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 George Kahumoku, Jr.'s Instructional DVD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  7:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
If you want to purchase a copy of George's new instructional DVD (intermediate, D Wahine tuning) send $34 to:

George Kahumoku Jr.
343 Soquel Ave #205
Santa Cruz, CA. 95062

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

ongchua
Akahai

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  8:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Helo Craig,

Have you already seen it?
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  8:27:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I'll be posting the basic pages for this DVD and 2 others tonight (hopefully)... with reviews to follow shortly.

Okay, I viewed 2 out of the 3 DVDs so I need at least another day or two to post the info.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  02:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hans, I haven't seen George's yet but I have seen Keoki's and Patrick's. They're both very good. Keoki's focuses more on technique while Patrick's is song-based.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

indy
Aloha

16 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  05:48:10 AM  Show Profile
So Craig... how do we get our hands on Keoki and Patrick's ones?
Mahalo,
Indy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  10:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I've got the basic information (image and track info) up on each DVD in the videos section.

I'm waiting for information regarding availability. The DVDs have not "officially" been released but are currently available through the artists. My understanding is that the "official release date" will be very soon and videos may then be purchased at www.thegtw.com. Not sure at this moment, but it may be better to wait rather than send your $ to George directly. Only because GK is busy with things other than DVD distribution.

I'll be adding reviews for each DVD soon. Great to have additional learning resources hitting the market. Really good stuff too.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  12:56:13 PM  Show Profile
I've seen the first of George's DVD's and it is good stuff. I would define the target audience as anyone who has gone through Ozzie's book and can play the songs close to the "performance tempo." (There are other definitions, I'm sure.) The DVD I saw is "look and learn," but with DVD you can freeze frame if a passage is hard to get. (I tabbed out the songs for George, but last I heard he wasn't going to include TABS.) -- The way George taught me is to get his basic "positions" down and everything flows from there. Following that approach, most people should not have too much difficulty getting the songs on that DVD.
Raymond Stovich
San Jose
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  3:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Okay, here's the latest:
quote:
The slack key DVD's are available now... that is Patrick Landeza, George Kahumoku and Keoki Kahumoku's DVD's. They haven't made it to the website yet but we will be adding them as soon as Bruce is back on his feet. In the meantime, anyone who is interested can email us at homefix @ hometvnet.com requesting any of the titles or they can fax us an order with their credit card number to (858) 273-8410.

We will ship via priority mail or UPS, their choice, and will charge only actual shipping cost.
For more info:

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000