Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Keola Beamer DVD (Documentary)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  2:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
This from Keola's Web site (not exactly new, but I don't recall seeing it mentioned here before):

Remember our DVD project Keola Beamer - Ki Ho'alu (Loosen the Key) that so many of you have inquired about? We'll, we finally have the green light from the film's producer Kenneth Martinez Burgmaier and our friends at Dancing Cat Productions to release the DVD later in the year. We are tentatively scheduling it for October of 2003.

This is an award-winning film that has been shown at several international film festivals and even received a thumbs up from Roger Ebert!

Here's one online review:

http://starbulletin.com/2002/11/08/features/story7.html

Interestingly enough, the production company that shot this film was also at the Slack Key Festival in Maui on 6/20 producing a special for PBS, so maybe some of the TaroPatch members who performed there will get a little more than their 15 minutes of fame!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 07/10/2003 2:22:24 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000