Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Slack Key Show
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2024 :  3:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sitting in the theater in Boise waiting for the Masters of Slack Key show to start. Jeff Peterson, Ledward Ka'apana, and George Kahumoku.

Edited by - Earl on 09/26/2024 05:52:47 AM

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2024 :  05:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And as usual it was a great show. Any one of these guys are amazing entertainers, but put them together having fun up there and it becomes magical.
Go to Top of Page

rleach
Akahai

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2024 :  08:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought of you when I saw they were playing there. Were you able to meet with them after the show?

Ron Leach
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2024 :  05:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We met George, Jeff, and Led before the show, but only briefly. I have met and talked with all of them extensively in the past, so did not want to monopolize their time. We left right after the show this time instead of hanging around. When they came back after break it was the first time I've ever seen Ledward not wearing his trademark hat. But the red boots were unmistakable, as well as the playing.

Oddly enough there was no one in the crowd this time that I recognized. We sat toward the back so I did not get the best look. The crowd was about 3/4 full, not bad for a Wednesday night. This was the first stop on their tour instead of the last one (in previous years). It is probably easier to end up in SEA or PDX when flying back to the islands.
Go to Top of Page

rleach
Akahai

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2024 :  08:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Such a treat..

Ron Leach
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2024 :  11:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw them in San Diego. You all know I've been a fan of Jeff and LED for decades. IMHO they were tired and uninspired. Jeff played pretty well, although abbreviated, but it looked like LED and George were just going through the motions. George tells too many stories that I've already heard. No chemistry this time. Small audience probably didn't help. I got there early and caught sound check which was better than the show. Saw them last year at the same venue and it was totally different. I've seen Led a couple of dozen times at least and I think Led is better alone or with someone like Mike Ka`awa who's a better support. I left before they finished. Probably won't spend $ again.
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2024 :  06:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like an off night for them, and the opposite of what we saw last week where everyone was firing on all cylinders and obviously enjoying themselves. It happens. Touring is rough, and I sure would not want to do it, especially at my age (younger than the uncles but older than Jeff).
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2024 :  2:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They played at the La Paloma in Encinitas, a funky old movie theater. Same venue as last year, but last year was a fund raiser for Maui and it was well attended. Pretty sure this was likely a favor for someone local. Wasn't well advertised. Don't remember ever seeing Hawai1an music there before.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000