Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Aloha `Ia No `O Maui
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  12:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ledward recorded this sweet song as an instrumental on his "Ki Ho`alu" CD, the yellow album. I've stolen licks from that track for years, so it's one I often ask Ledward to play when we jam.

We've been walking the trails around our neighborhood and eventually worked our way up to a meadow with a huge spreading live oak. When we saw that we made it a goal to get up there and play some music for a video.

It took a while for the weather and our schedules to cooperate, but we finally made it. Here's a little "Aloha `Ia No `O Maui" from a live oak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXtQ0PaOGW8

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

Edited by - Fran Guidry on 02/18/2013 08:06:29 AM

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  6:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Swe-e-e-et!
Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  3:01:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great tune. Great playing. Great movie! Thanks for letting us in on your fun!

When 'ya comin' up to Washington (or even Portland) again?

Mahalo!

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  7:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness! Very nice. I'm listening to it by the Waihe'e River (Maui). Looking forward to seeing Led again in June at George's workshop and it would be terrific to see Fran again in SoCal. Lot's of good music here, what with 'Olomana at the MACC and kani ka pilas up-country and at the beach. And I head home tomorrow. Aloha.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  7:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arrrgh! I loved it, but kept looking for those coco palms to wave in the breeze! Just isn't the same with those old gnarled oaks, is it?

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Ambrosius
Lokahi

132 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  02:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Julie H

Arrrgh! I loved it, but kept looking for those coco palms to wave in the breeze! Just isn't the same with those old gnarled oaks, is it?

Julie

I can assure you, Led and Fran goes well with snow covered land as well.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  08:37:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Julie H

Julie

Those old gnarled oaks have their own beauty. One of the most peacful environments I've ever been in is the oak and grassland area of central California, with the souhern end in the hills west and north of the San Fernando Valley.

keaka
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000