Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Slack Key Teacher in San Diego?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kapua
Aloha

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  11:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha,

I am haole married to Hawaiian girl. I fell in love with slack key music several years and have been a struggling playing ever since, disecting Keola Beamer's and other songs. Anybody know of a good slack key or finger style teacher in San Diego? I live in North County (Encinitas).

Joel

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  12:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Aloha Joel! There are quite a few of us in the San Diego area, especially North County (I live in Carlsbad). Unfortunately there aren't any teachers that we've come across so we end up depending on books (Ozzie Kotani's is a must-have), the occasional workshop, and getting together with each other to play and practice. Every other Wednesday a bunch of us get together at the M3 Cafe in Vista to hang out and play (the next meeting is on April 14th, I think). There are a few of us who also get together a couple of times a month to practice. There are also concerts in the area on a regular basis...check out www.ianui.com for the current schedule. Send me an email at craig @ patchett.com and I can give you more details. I look forward to meeting you soon!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 03/29/2004 2:05:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  5:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kent Brisby might be willing to teach. Check out http://la.znet.com/~ast/KIHOALU/KLEE.html

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  5:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've asked Kent before and he wasn't interested. Doesn't hurt to ask again though.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 03/29/2004 5:43:07 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000