Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Mr. and Mrs. Admin visiting San Jose 8/26-8/30
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  9:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
So where am I inviting myself for a kanikapila?!?! Ha, we're going to a wedding on Saturday but other days should be flexible.

On 8/29, we'd like to go to La Honda Gardens for "Aloha in the Redwoods" featuring Hawaiian Music's Next Generation: Patrick Landeza, Keoki Kahumoku, Herb Ohta Jr, David Kamakahi, and special guest Dennis Kamakahi. Maybe we can meet up with some of you Taropatch.net `ohana over there. Kanikapila afterwords?

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you. Hope I can communicate without a keyboard!

Andy

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2004 :  11:09:16 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Andy,

Don't know how much driving-around you wanna be doing, but you and Lynette are always welcome to stay with Sibyl and I in Sebastopol. Guest rooms are open.
We're an hour North of the Golden Gate.

Probably see you in La Honda!

Ross
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2004 :  11:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the invite for a place to stay. I think we're okay.

Hope to see you there at La Honda. Anyone going to bring a guitar or is that too much?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2004 :  11:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Dawg, you're in our neck of the woods while we're on Oahu. How can you do such a thang. We get back the 31st - sure you don't want to stay over a couple of days? We'll put you up.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  02:21:50 AM  Show Profile
Right On, Andy! It'll be great to meet you guys at Aloha in the Redwoods!!!

Edited by - Stacey on 08/03/2004 02:22:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  03:02:12 AM  Show Profile
Aloha ahiahi kakou,

Larry and I hope to go to Aloha in the Redwoods as well, I think we'll bring our RV so we can park overnight somewhere and join in the fun without having to worry about driving all the way home in the dark...

Since our RV (named Penelope, as in: "there goes a pretty Penny!") is big enough to transport several intruments, we may bring our ukes as well as a guitar or so.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. E BWOP! Planning anything on your turf? Aloha nui, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  04:40:39 AM  Show Profile
So where's "Aloha in the Redwoods"?
Karen and I are roaming from the Bay area north to Russian River area around Aug 25-31.
Do we need to know someone?
And is there anything else going on around this time, either north or south of da bay?
Uncle Gordo
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  12:15:47 PM  Show Profile
Here is the info about Aloha in the Redwoods:
http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha04/
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2004 :  02:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Gordon,

If you're near the Russian River, you'll be in my neck of the woods, though I hope to get down to La Honda the 29th. Keep in touch.

Ross
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  02:33:02 AM  Show Profile
Stayin' in Guerniville area, Aug 25-28 or 29, and may go to Sebastopol to visit our kin... and perhaps go to the church of "What's Happenin' Now"!
but would love to get back for "Aloha in the Redwoods"...workin' on it!
We're workin' this trip without a car, so if anyone wants to do a mini-kapila near Guerniville or Sebastopol area, e-mail me.

How about an Armstong Grover!?
I love that old amphithetre after a jog in the woods. Just me, Space. Peace... and an occasional scout troop!

Anyway, I will be pickin' and 'Listening Deep' SOMEWHERE in the redwoods!
Now, what was the prime-directive? Aloha...
I know, too many exclamation marks.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  09:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Cool. Look forward to seeing some of you in the Redwoods. Anyone bringing a guitar or `ukulele?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  10:43:07 AM  Show Profile
Is there any chance of a sellout at AITR? For us undecided voters.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  11:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Bummer...I'll actually be up north the 26th through the 30th also, visiting family in Davis, but we're heading up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  04:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha Gordon,

I *hope* to "sell out" ALOHA in the Redwoods!!! The La Honda Gardens will accommodate lots of people, so it probably won't *fill* to capacity (but our schools would be a lot more financially sound if it did!!!) But you might get a better spot if you have ticket ahead of time and get there early-ish! Besides, you will save $5 per ticket if you purchase in advance!!!

This great fundraiser for La Honda Educational Foundation has been getting better and better since its first, two years ago where George Kahumoku, Jr helped us raise funds for the school in a big hurry. Here is a little story about the first Aloha in the Redwoods:

What is Aloha?

In June 2002 George Kahumoku, Jr., Slack Key Guitar Master, performed a wonderful concert for our first Aloha in the Redwoods, a successful fundraiser which raised money for a new playground for our school. The community of parents and teachers of La Honda Elementary School constructed the playground from the ground up. People, all volunteers, brought their tractors, shovels and all kinds of tools, food, and refreshments on several scorching hot weekends to prepare the land and assemble the large purple climbing structure & swing set which now stands upon the "upper playground" at La Honda Elementary School. The day after Kahumoku's 2002 performance, he flew to Maui and called me in La Honda, California to thank ME for putting on such a wonderful event and making HIM feel so welcome and at home here. George loved the warm spirit of the community of La Honda, the generosity of the people, the wonderful food people had prepared for the luau and the wonderful connections he’d made with community members at this event. "This is Aloha," he said!

Please mark your calendars and come to this wonderful event!!! What a fun way to meet your neighbors and share in the community aloha while supporting this small rural school district!

For more information and ticket sales, please go to:

http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha04

Tickets are here waiting for you! Our first ticket sales went to a Hawaiian couple driving up the coast from ORANGE COUNTY, CA to this show! I gave them the route for a wonderful vacation drive up through Big Sur, Monterey, Santa Cruz...to end up in La Honda at Aloha in the Redwoods. It will be AWESOME for sure!!!

Also, we're trying to put together a kanikapila before or after the performance - possible camping available too. Lodging nearby possible too. Not yet decided on all of these - depends on taro patch interest!

Mahalo for your feedback - in advance!

Karen Shaff
Aloha in the Redwoods Event Coordinator
A Benefit for La Honda Educational Foundation

quote:
Originally posted by gordonrburt

Is there any chance of a sellout at AITR? For us undecided voters.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000