Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 too many intruments, no sherpa.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  07:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well,
IF I bring the tenor uke, my guitar, and a fiddle...and with no travelling companion...
should I ditch something and RENT on Maui, (or Borrow)...

Maybe I could ship the fiddle ...usually a slam dunk carry on...
but must decide...If I could gig bag the guitar and carry on...
then some risk to one of my warhorse fiddles might be acceptable.
And if I take BOTH GUITAR AND ANOTHER instrument onboard, it may create more of a RED FLAG to the gate keepers.
I've had good luck with the guitar carry on...but I sweat it still.

The only checkable shipping case is a coffin like "Clam" for Goodall guitar--actually a case around the regular case,
which did it's job last year, but still it's awkward, and I worry about bumps at camp...a graphit is not in the current budget, but has a lot of Practicality for the trenches.
And the fiddle is a warhorse, but still mortal.
Help!

I can't seem to lose "The Muddle Man".

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  07:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a long shot but:
Will you be in the LA area? My roommate offered to carry some of my stuff to his home in Kihei (which doesn't work for me since I'm flying to Molokai from HNL), but could possibly work for you. He goes week by week because he's a subcontractor on a project with funding difficulties.
Oh - or!! I think I could get something a ride out here in June - friend flying here about the 8th from Denver. By then I should know if roommate's still going back and forth - something to think about - each has very little luggage - It could go back about the same way, but may not get back to Denver until August - and I think I may have another musician friend doing this travel too - Actually, lots of folks go back and forth a lot, but don't know anyone going from Denver to Maui - except you.
ahh well.....
good luck -

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  4:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
let me mull that over Nancy...
We're more likely to pass through the bay area on a regular basis....
I'm gonna go to Acoustic Music Revival here, and see what else is available for shipping by air...
But I'll consider this, it just seems like alot of handling and bother for friends of friends...
I've thougth about shipping a fiddle to Maui!
And I'd love to get a little less vulnerable, but playable guitar...like a graphite...
I understand why a lot of Hawaiian guitarists travel with em...
They're like a Timex.
Let's see, how about a graphite fiddle?
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  03:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your choice - You don't have to come through here, Lee will be coming out on the 8th, and then will make a trip back in August...
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000