Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 AMC - new equipment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2005 :  2:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha all -
Being female, I've been out shopping - and I hafta tell ya about the new Reefs - They have a fine beer bottle opener nicely built into the bottom of the sole! And it looks and feels great!!
For those of you flat-landers, Reefs are very sturdy zories, slippahs, flip flops, go aheads, and ... thongs. Reefs are great because they are almost impossible to wear out.

Okole Hou!
auntie

nancy cook

Edited by - Auntie Nancy on 05/17/2005 2:15:08 PM

Tommy
Akahai

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2005 :  3:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Nancy,
Are they red? If not they will be by the end of the week. My new swim fins have just arrived--I've been shopping too.
A hui ho,
Tommy Cheng
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  04:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howzit Tommy?
Red..... from red dirt? the pix look like sandy beach... red from blood?? surely not.
Hey - are you a diver? just hoping....
I'm so excited I've reached the "bouncing off walls" stage...
see you in a month!!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Tommy
Akahai

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  12:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Nancy,

The beach is beautiful with golden sand. The camp has lush lawns and crushed stone/coral pathways. One need never get dirty. BUT if you get curious and venture out into the ranch you'll find some amazing red earth that colors everything that comes in contact with it. I love it.

The beach is excellent for swimming and diving on clear, calm days is very good. I've discovered that the left side of the cove is better than the right-plenty of fish! I'm staying on the island an extra day after camp and hope to get over to Murphy's Beach where I understand there's an excellent reef.

My advice for an unexpected piece of equipment which will come in very handy is: wooden clothes pins... They will help keep music sheets from blowing away to Tahiti while playing.

Let's take a dive together in a month!

Malama pono.

Tommy
Go to Top of Page

kalena
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  2:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My new equipment is a lightweight music stand, cobalt blue, one of my many favorite colors.

I love snorkeling, so maybe I can hang around on top while you divers plumb the depths. I hope the water is clear. the last (and only) time I was in Molokai it was winter a couple years ago, right after a big storm that churned up the water for days.

I'm convinced about the need for clothespins. I'm going to look for a stock of them for myself and to share with others. I needed one last Friday night. Was sitting under a fan and my music kept flapping off. Then even though I can't play uke as well as some others, I can at least keep my papers from landing in the ocean.

Aloha,
Kalena

May the source (kumu) be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  10:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Tommy and Kalena - look forward to meeting you, playing music and diving/snorkeling! Life is great.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  11:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you imagine??? it's really getting close now - I'm totally out of control. Without tanks available at the hotel or beach, I doubt we'll be diving at Kaupoa, but love snorkling too and plan to do it. If Moloka'i is like the other islands, it's best in the AM, and is churned up in the afternoons. Gotta figure out how to do that - plan to swim for exercise early in the AM -
Isn't it funny, Hawai'i is supposed to be laid back and relaxed - run on Hawai'i time. But I get so excited, that I'm a long way away from chilling out.
I am SO looking forward to meeting all of you wonderful people!!!!!
hugs!!
n
PS: I have a whole bag of neat plastic clothes pins from the 99 cent store - I'll share.... why wood?? these work just fine so far.

nancy cook

Edited by - Auntie Nancy on 06/02/2005 11:31:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tommy
Akahai

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  1:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha kakou,
We are getting close to camp time and I find it hard to control my excitement. I'm definately throwing my water shoes into my bag. There is a lava formation right in front of the beach house that holds some amazing tidal pools. You could spend hours exploring them, but for feet softened by mainland life some kind of protection is advised. This is the same spot that an Hawaiian monk seal chose to emerge from last summer. It just crawled onto the beach and passed out oblivious to all the activity only yards away. Will meet you all soon!
Malama pono,
Tommy
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  2:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A monk seal???!!! How cool is that??!?!?!
dive booties work well too...

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000