Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 AMC: Oli workshop info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mokupuni
Aloha

30 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  01:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit mokupuni's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welina me ke aloha!

How exciting that we will soon be meeting at Kaupoa! A reunion of veteran campers (AMC ohana) and an opportunity to meet and greet new ones.

For those planning to attend an oli workshop, point your browser to http://www.manapualabs.com/aloha05 for workshop information.

I will be attending brother Kevin's beginning slack key workshop. I can't wait!

BTW, is there anyone arriving early on Friday? I made this year's travel arrangements going by last year's schedule. (Heeeello!) So Toki and I will be there a day early if you like hang out or whatevahs. Not sure where we are going to stay yet.

A hui hou kakou ma Moloka'i nui a Hina,

Me ke aloha pumehana,
Liko me Toki

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  04:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha!
I'm new.... will be in Kevin's beginning class too. At least 6 of us will be arriving at 2:15, including 'Ilio nui, and neeej. Another friend oomes later on da ferry.
I didn't read the schedule correctly so my flight out is on Monday instead of Sunday. So I'm just blowing it off and taking the ferry to Maui on Sunday. The cost to change was unbelievably expensive!
I look forward to meeting you and all the other fine cyber-ohana friends I have made in this exciting 6 months of "I can't wait" mode.
auntie nancy

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  04:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Liko and Toki,

Everytime we look at the origami hawaiian shirt, refrigerator magnets that Toki made for your 2003 birthday (I won't give away your age), we think of you guys. Bev, Mark Lennon and I will be there on Friday. I think we're on the same platform as last year, so please come by. Check with Mark Nelson about arriving earlier. Worse case, you can sleep on our porch. Send me an email if you need help with anything.

Love you guys. See you in a couple weeks.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  07:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Liko !

That really you! It's been way too long.

Aloha to you and Toki, I'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

mokupuni
Aloha

30 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  2:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit mokupuni's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ilio Nui!

You still have those magnets?! I will let Toki know that you folks will be there early too. I will private e-mail with "da plan." Mahalo nui for your hospitality bruddah dog.

Give our aloha to kau wahine.

Ke aloha no,
Liko

quote:
Originally posted by `Ilio Nui

Liko and Toki,

Everytime we look at the origami hawaiian shirt, refrigerator magnets that Toki made for your 2003 birthday (I won't give away your age), we think of you guys. Bev, Mark Lennon and I will be there on Friday. I think we're on the same platform as last year, so please come by. Check with Mark Nelson about arriving earlier. Worse case, you can sleep on our porch. Send me an email if you need help with anything.

Love you guys. See you in a couple weeks.

Dave

'O au iho no,
Liko Puha
Go to Top of Page

mokupuni
Aloha

30 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  2:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit mokupuni's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See you soon e auntie Nancy!

quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Nancy

Aloha!
I'm new.... will be in Kevin's beginning class too. At least 6 of us will be arriving at 2:15, including 'Ilio nui, and neeej. Another friend oomes later on da ferry.
I didn't read the schedule correctly so my flight out is on Monday instead of Sunday. So I'm just blowing it off and taking the ferry to Maui on Sunday. The cost to change was unbelievably expensive!
I look forward to meeting you and all the other fine cyber-ohana friends I have made in this exciting 6 months of "I can't wait" mode.
auntie nancy

'O au iho no,
Liko Puha
Go to Top of Page

mokupuni
Aloha

30 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  2:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit mokupuni's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike!!

It's me alright, is that you?
I had to look at your picture good it has been that long. <lol>

See you soon,
Liko

quote:
Originally posted by cmdrpiffle

Liko !

Mike

'O au iho no,
Liko Puha
Go to Top of Page

manapualabs
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  1:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit manapualabs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike?

Santa Cruz Mike?

"Missing in action" Mike from AMC 2002?

One of the integral parts of the great (if short-lived) band "Na Mea Huna"?

The Mike that asked, "Is that a sheet hanging on the volleyball net?"
To which I had to reply, "No Mike, that's Liko's shirt!"

That Mike?

Its going to be great seeing you again! Craig is coming, too, so maybe we can resurrect "Na Mea Huna"!

a hui hou...

Toki

P.S. Howzit to Ilio Nui and Bev and please say hi to my cousins Janet and Greg if you see them!

quote:

Liko !

Mike

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  2:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh oh.... Toki - I just read your bio, moved onto your website, read recipes for manapua and char sui!!! I really LOVE manapua!! and since it's now available frozen, even Toda's market had that kind at the end.... My first manapua was bigger than a Big Mac! and I've been in search of such ono ono kaukau manapua ever since!!! Are you bringing any with you? what sorts of bribes do you accept? Do you want anything from SoCal?? Maybe we have manapua-building class at Camp - call Mark, add to schedule!!
Oh boy!!!!!
mahalo -
'til Friday night/ 2 weeks -
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  06:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toki !!!

Tis me, Missing in Action Mike! This is going to be so sweet. I ran into Craig at a ukulele dig a couple of months ago. I didn't realize he was going to make the trip as well.
Ahh, Na Mea Huna....after all the late nights, the groupies, the frentic travel schedule......Oh yeah, I'm in!

You just made my day Toki

with so very much aloha,
Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

manapualabs
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  06:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit manapualabs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Nancy,

Sorry no manapua for this trip. We are bringing enough stuff as it is! Besides, food doesn't really lend itself to oli. Like singing your throat needs to be clean and clear. Try the recipes, then you can have them anytime you want! They are guaranteed taste tested by Liko.

a hui hou...

Toki

quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Nancy

Oh oh.... Toki - I just read your bio, moved onto your website, read recipes for manapua and char sui!!! I really LOVE manapua!! and since it's now available frozen, even Toda's market had that kind at the end.... My first manapua was bigger than a Big Mac! and I've been in search of such ono ono kaukau manapua ever since!!! Are you bringing any with you? what sorts of bribes do you accept? Do you want anything from SoCal?? Maybe we have manapua-building class at Camp - call Mark, add to schedule!!
Oh boy!!!!!
mahalo -
'til Friday night/ 2 weeks -
n

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  08:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah well, Mahalo Toki.... I sorta figured that. Gone too are the days when we took an empty suitcase and brought it home filled with all good kaukau...
I will definitely try the recipes. I've only made the fake kind - using refrigerator bisquits to go around stuffing. But that's gonna wait 'til after Camp. I have too much mess now to do that. But those are the first recipes I've ever run across.
Mahalo!!!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

mokupuni
Aloha

30 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  11:08:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit mokupuni's Homepage  Reply with Quote
E kuu hoa o Na Mea Huna e!

How long ago it seems, yeah Mike? The groupies...especially the groupies.

Toki reminded of one of the most unforgettable moments for her, that you my compadre provided for her. I wen full bus laugh after she reminded me. Our conversation went a little something like:

Toki: Liko, do you remember what Mike asked me that Talent show night at the Kalani?
Me: No babes I don't, what was that?
Toki: Really?! You don't remember?
Me: Uh, no.
Toki: <massive laughter>
Me: C'mon...what?
Toki: <choking back the laughter> Well, remember when you hung your shirt on the tennis court net because it was all wet from dancing and Mike innoncently asked me, "What's a sheet doing on the tennis court net?" to which I replied, that's not a sheet Mike, that's Liko's shirt!!
Me: Holy crap! That's right! <laughing so hard the tears start to roll> I forgot about that. That Mike, I owe him one...<laughter continues>

Me ke aloha no,
Liko

quote:

Toki !!!

Tis me, Missing in Action Mike! This is going to be so sweet. I ran into Craig at a ukulele dig a couple of months ago. I didn't realize he was going to make the trip as well.
Ahh, Na Mea Huna....after all the late nights, the groupies, the frentic travel schedule......Oh yeah, I'm in!

You just made my day Toki

with so very much aloha,
Mike

'O au iho no,
Liko Puha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000