Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Peter Medeiros workshop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  4:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Naturally there was a contingent of Taropatch-erizers at Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto, CA, today for Peter Medeiros's workshop. Peter brought some nice written materials, very cleanly tabbed with multiple variations and two guitar parts. He used "No Ke Ano Ahiahi" to illustrate open and closed positions in taropatch, and took us through several other tunes. In between we got a history of slack key around the Hawaiian cultural renaissance, complete with gossip. All in all, Peter's great experience as teacher showed in everything he did.

Thanks for bringing us your experience and talent, Peter,
Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  8:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really fun as well as great learning.

BTW - someone left their handouts at Gryphon. I have them and will mail them to you -- just use my link to email me with your snail mail & tell me where you were sitting. (Not that I might even think someone else would try to get a set of notes, just that I am a bit paranoid around the gills.)
Also, I've recently changed carriers, so if I don't respond to you within 36 hours of your post, it means something went wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  07:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was this workshop announced anywhere?

Somehow I missed seeing any announcments anywhere. Not here on the patch nor in the Gryphon Gazette. I just did a search on "Medeiros" and the only Medeiros workshop post was this one which is after the fact. It would have been nice to attend but I would have had to actually know about it first.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 07/31/2005 07:09:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  07:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lawrence,

Take a look at http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2805 and see who the first reply was from.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  09:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess the kupuna among us are entitled to an occasional "senior moment."
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  2:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look would one of yooze guyz tell the right side of my brain to tell the left side of my brain what the heck is going on!?

Peter's post was two Months ago (5-20), I can't remember two Months ago!

Jeesz, all dressed up and nowhere to think...

Well, I am sorry I missed it!...

(smiley's included for piffle's sake)

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 08/01/2005 06:52:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  5:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You guys make me laugh...

Edited by - Mainkaukau on 08/02/2005 5:38:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  09:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha,
Well we finally got home from our trip to the Bay area. I thoroughly enjoyed teaching the workshops at Gryphons. The owners Richard and Frank and their staff were so accomodating from the initial contact thru the day of the workshops. It really was a pleasure to work with such an establishment.

As a matter of habit I usually review every course that I teach. It's also a University policy that the students review the course and instructor. With this being a workshop -- it becomes a one shot deal where the exchange of knowledge is limited by time. Under this kind of circumstance I pass on a lot of information both verbally and through reading material. If any of you who attended the workshops has any questions do not hesitate to email me, I will be glad to answer you.

Once again thank you for giving me the oportunity to share with you.

Peter Medeiros
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000