Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 WA: Slack Key Instruction at Highline Comm College
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2002 :  4:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Found this at alt.music.hawaiian - more info at http://flightline.highline.edu/cel/fall02/personal.htm#Music

Highline Community College in Des Moines, WA is offering the following class. Sounds cool to me. -Admin

Hawaiian Folk & Slack Key Guitar
A beginning guitar class in Hawaiian cultural music. Learn to sing and accompany yourself on the guitar in the old Hawaiian folk and slack key styles. A fun way to visit Hawai`i through its music and song in a group experience. Text is Mel Bay's "Learning to Play Hawaiian." CEUs: 12.5

Sep 24 - Nov 26
Tuesdays
Sheryl Akaka
6:30 - 7:45pm
Room 101
Fee: $75*

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2002 :  6:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy,

Thanks! What to do, what to do, it will take a 40-50 mile drive thru rush hour traffic thru one of the most congested areas in the country, but oh so tempting.

Hey locals, anyone want to car pool (HOV lanes)?

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2002 :  10:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I don't need to say this, but most community colleges don't do a lot of background checking on their instructors. (I've taight at two of these -- and they let me in.) I've taken some excellent courses at CC's, and I've also run into instructors who were enthusiastic about their subject but knew very little, or had outdated/inacurate info.
Usually a CC will take your number and pass it on to the instructor -- and you can talk to him/her before you communte across wherever you think is worse than Silicon Valley.
Hope it works out well for you.
Raymond Stovich
San Jose, CA

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000