Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Kumu Hula Kapono'ai Molitau - Feb Aloha Camp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  7:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha -

I just received this e-mail from Keola regarding a very exciting addition to our February camp staff:

"Aloha,

We are honored that Kapono'ai Molitau will be joining us for the Feb 06 camp, teaching hula kane and oli.

He's a great teacher and a very talented performing artist.

Kapono'ai Molitau
Performer-Ulalena
Kumu Hula: Na Hanona Kulike O Pi'ilani

Keola"

This is a great development, as it is the first time we have been able to offer kane (male) hula. In addition to his great work with Ulalena, Kapon`ai is Moana's kumu. That ought to keep things interesting! He'll also offer workshops in oli (chant.)

Due to previous commitments, he will not be joining us in June, so don't miss this wonderful opportunity to study with an outstanding kumu. Hey guys, here's what you've been asking for! Wahines, too.

Mahalo to every one for your patience -- it has taken a while to fill out the staff for February, but boy howdy is it worth the wait!

Oh, if you haven't signed up -- what are you waiting for???!!!

I'll update the camp website as soon as I have the time.

A hui hou.

Mark

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  02:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THAT IS GREAT! And yes, I am shouting - but not because my spine would let me hula (but I might watch a lot) - the workshops in oli should be outstanding.

Actually, on second thought, I might try hula if it is kahiko; since I can do a very martial style of taiji quan, maybe I can do a hula that doesn't involve lots of swaying. This is gonna be fun.

Imagine: Sarah chanting and me dancing (the Mind Boggles).

Thanks to you and Keola, Mark,

Reid

Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  08:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Mark,

This is great news -- mahalo for posting it, and mahalo to Keola and Moana for arranging it. I'm looking forward to the oli *and* the hula kane! (just watching!)

We saw 'Ulalena (great show)...now I'll have to go look at the programme again and find Kapono'ai Molitau's name :-)

aloha and mahalo,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  7:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Reid & Sarah -

Thanks for posting. In the six years of doing the Aloha Camp, it never ceases to amaze me what Mr. Beamer can pull out of his hat!

This is so cool.

Cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  05:09:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAT? Is that where he gets it from. Must be the one that islandboo's husband gave him for his Alaska trip.

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000