Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Kevin Brown teaches slack key at Lark Camp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  07:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha all -

Here's some great news for everybody who loves slack key & Hawaiian music. Maui's Kevin Brown will teach slack key guitar, `ukulele (!) and Hawaiian music at the Lark in the Morning Celebration in from July 28 - August 5th in Mendocino, California.

That's right -- Kevin will bring his wonderful, easy going teaching style to the mainland next summer. As anyone who's had the great pleasure of taking classes from him at George's camp or the Aloha Camp knows, he's simply one of the best instructors around.

I'm totally stoked -- I've been teaching at Lark for maybe 21 or 22 years, and for the last ten or so I've been working very hard to get more Hawaiian music added to this incredible camp. This is a great opportunity anyone who can't get to one of the camps in Hawaii next summer. Come experience slack key in a relaxed, beautiful setting.

Regstration is already open -- and the camp does sell out every year!

http://www.larkcamp.com/information.html

Please join us in the Mendocino Woodlands. By supporting Kevin's classes and workshops, we can help to grow the awareness of Hawaiian music and culture. Tell 'em that when you sign up!

I'll be teaching slack key and `ukulele, too, as well as hosting the popular `Ukulele Happy Hour. Julie Hendriks says she'll be on hand to offer informal classes in Hawaiian singing and songs, too. Not to mention that you can learn just about style of music & dance on the planet..

Oh, do I have a financial stake in this? Only that I'm sponsoring Kevin at Lark. In other words, it's gonna cost me a lot of money for his airfare-- a small price to pay so that more folks can experience his music up close.

I can't wait.

cheers,

Mark

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  9:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh goody!!

For anyone who has not been to Lark Camp, it is a very nice, relaxed, easygoing music/dance etc. camp. We take our RV, enjoy all the music we can, sometimes take a nap in the middle of the afternoon, all that good stuff. Eat and play, what more could you want? It's a very informal atmosphere. Mark has an "ukulele happy hour" and yes, we are all very happy when we partake of the cocktails and snacks and Hawaiian songs.

Caution: jams occur all day and all night long. One night we were able to enjoy the tuba/trumpet jam until 3:00 AM!! Aargh..

This year Mark plans on having "Aloha Land" or something like it: a special place reserved for our music and for our friends to gather. There is also a "French Camp", and several other areas for other genres. All this among some very impressive redwoods. Just another great opportunity to enjoy the things we love most.

Aloha no, Julie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000