Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Looking for lessons and/or school in hawaii
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

katey
Aloha

4 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  9:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit katey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm moving to Hawaii in October to escape my busy life
and concentrate more on music. Any recomendations to
teachers, school programs or great players willing to
teach??? Please let me know* I am very interested in
the Hawaiian Slack Key and slide styles. I want to spend my entire winter concentrating on guitar and not always need my band to
carry me through gigs.

Thanks for any leads!

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  06:16:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which island, Katey?

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

katey
Aloha

4 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  07:30:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit katey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Truth is I don't know yet? I'm letting my guitar pick (no pun intended)my location.... wherever I find a good music scene that welcomes me.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  08:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Check Dancing Cat's website at http://www.dancingcat.com/recommendedsk.php#lessons

On this website, contact Ray Sowders, Mike Ka`awa, Bobby Moderow all on O`ahu. Lots of players/teachers out there.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

katey
Aloha

4 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  12:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit katey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Andy, I'll check it out*
Go to Top of Page

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  4:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Katey,

I really enjoyed your music on myspace. Original Jive is very cool.

I'd also add Jeff Peterson to Andy's list of teachers on Oahu (www.jeffpetersonguitar.com). It's also worth contacting Trey Terada (www.doctortrey.com). He's a great guy and can get you plugged in real fast.

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  6:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Katey,

Yeah, I liked your sound clips too. Cool pic of you and Alison Krauss before the Ryman PHC! Cool!

Add Kawika Kahiapo to the list too. www.kawikakahiapo.com

Andy
Go to Top of Page

katey
Aloha

4 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  11:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit katey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ya'll rock, thanks for the help! Looks like Oahu is the island to be on -

*katey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000