Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Who's going to George's Camp, or Keola's??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  10:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha kakou, I am starting to pack my HUGE suitcase for Maui, (guitars, ukes, lap steel, music sheets, etc.) and was just wondering about others who may be going to either camp. Who will I see at George's, who will I miss because they are Keola's?

Julie

kahealani
Akahai

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  11:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit kahealani's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Aunty Julie!

I hope you have fun in Maui! Please tell everyone that I said aloha - especially Garrett and Jayson, if you see them.
Unfortunately, we won't be attending this year. Got some gigs that weekend.
Again, have lots of fun!!!

Aloha,
Brittni

Brittni Paiva
www.brittnipaiva.com
www.myspace.com/brittnipaiva
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  06:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See you at George's, Julie. Bob and Barbara Lee (and Barb's Mother) will be there too.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  8:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie,
Diana and I will be joining you again in Maui. See you soon. Jerry
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  03:59:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See you folks on Maui... am leaving on Monday to do some diving and visiting before camp starts.
n
Go to Top of Page

jmk
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  10:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie,

I will be on Maui along with 5 great friends from the Big Island. I know Cathe Glass will be there also (she is on the Big Island now learning steel guitar with KonaBob).

If anyone knows what color the T shirt will be, please post. Trying to pack light.

A hui ho!
Jeri

Nahenahe

Edited by - jmk on 06/10/2006 10:14:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  11:16:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We have been having a lot of fun with Cathe here on the island! Yesterday afternoon at a luau, we set up our sound system, and had a group of about 20 musicians play for hours! Ok, we did stop to eat - that's part of the culture. But we got right back at it and kept going till it was too dark to see. Cathe sang some really nice songs for us. Shirley and I are also going to miss all the fun on Maui this year... still digging out from under out trip to the New York Ukefest. Hope all of you have a great time. I know that at least 3 of the wahini from the Big Island will be flying over to Georges, and of course Dennis Lake will be at Keola's camp. I am sure I will get to see plenty of photos and hear all about it.
-aloha,
Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  9:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Brittni, we'll sure miss you. To us, you've become a big part of camp. And of course, we're looking forward to seeing all those other young people, playing circles around us oldies....

KonaBob, Shirley, we'll miss you as well. Gee, I wish we could have one huge camp where everyone showed up. Unforgettable.

Jeri, I hear that the shirts will be "some kind of green". Not much to go on when you're packing your dancing pareos. We may have to shop on Maui.

Oh, and I finally got the Photo CD of last year put together. I will have printed photos there at camp and probably a couple of CDs if anyone is interested in them. Digital photography is kind of difficult if you have an ancient computer which can't handle all the data. When I come back from Maui I will start on sorting through the photos from Keola's February Camp.

Aloha nui loa, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Pmahany
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  12:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We be there At George's. See you there

Honokawai Pete, and Wendy

Honokowai Pete
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  1:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
E Julie,
You thea soon yeah? Melinda and I be there Thursday (staying with George & Nancy). We get together with you all and Cathe and muchos kanaka that night, o wot??
By the way, I heard the T-shirts this year have three holes-- one fo head, two fo arms.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  1:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
By the way, I heard the T-shirts this year have three holes-- one fo head, two fo arms.
That one kind big trouble cuz... Got no hole fer opu & legs, auwe!??. Maybe go all way to toes huh?

Gonna get tight squeezin da whole 'okole tru da haku puka!!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 06/13/2006 5:08:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  8:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YOU BOYS!
Go to Top of Page

jmk
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  12:00:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo Julie. Nancy called, and she confirmed T shirts this year are lime (gecko?) green, complete with 'okole puka. A hui hou!

Nahenahe
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  12:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Kakou,

I've been off TP for quite some time, due to work and school constraints. I hope everyone had a great time at both camps. I sure missed seeing everyone, and of course, playing (especially the knaikapilas. Did anyone do any late night beach runs? I'll be there next year, for sure (saving 'da pennies now).

Julie: I would LOVE to get a copy of your photo CD from last year's workshop at George's, so please let me know what I need to do in order to get one, ok?

Take care, and see you in '07!

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  6:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fo' me, George's workshop no ka oi.....
I will be walking around in the glow for weeks... cannot wait 'til next year!!!!
mahalo to all for making it what it is.
n
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000