Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Hula Workshops in Canada - August
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  10:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just rec'd word about the 9th Annual "E Pili Kakou i Ho`okahi Lahui" hula workshops in Vancouver Canada, August 25-27.

Looks wonderful!

Here's a link: http://www.epilikakou.org/information.htm

cheers,

Mark

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  6:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kinda weird...list of presenters includes John Ka`imikaua, who passed away last month...

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  09:21:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
list of presenters includes John Ka`imikaua, who passed away last month...

I'd noticed that -- but figured no one had gotten around to updating the website.

Of course, Molokai` is a pretty powerful place...

For the record, I have zip to do with this event. Just passing on some info I tho't might be of interest.

cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  11:08:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My halau in Sacramento will be offering E Pili Kakou end of September at Cal Expo, Sacramento. It will be September 29-Ocotber 1st. It will include the same presenters, minus the late Kumu John who unfortunately passed away as NT Maria points out. The E Pili Kakou website should be updated soon to correct the kumu list and to mention the Sacramento event. It is a most incredible experience. I've been for two years. After my first time, I was so impressed I joined the halau that put it on, Ka Waikahe Lani Malie with Kumu Juni Romuar, originally from Kaua'i. (They have been very understanding with my splitting my time between mainland and Hilo.)

Mark .. you should come and attend as haumana .. as David Nye said in a camp post, experience the other side of the music. At this event, you have two workshop days and each day select a kumu for morning and one for afternoon, learn a dance with each and everyone performs with their classes in the evening. Where else can you dance with Sonny Ching who presented three Miss Aloha in a row? With Leialoha Amina who, with her sister Nani Lim Yap, won overall for this year's Merrie Monarch. Or, with Frank Kawaikapu Hewett, the most elegant dancer on the planet. It's totally humbling and extremely exciting and generally awesome. Plus, the music is great as well. I'll be posting more on this event as the website catches up.

Me ke aloha,
Lynn
Go to Top of Page

dfpet
Aloha

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  8:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha PuaLynn,
Have you gotten any further information on the workshop? I heard about it tonight at a Borders Sacramento where Kevin Brown played. Michael Keane of KVMR announced it and said it would be at the Doubletree Hotel on Exposition Blvd. It doesn't look like the website has been updated yet. Any news??? Mahalo.
Diana in Vacaville

Diana
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000