Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 9/29: E Pili Kakou: Sacramento Hula workshops
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  1:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This weekend (9/29, 9/30/10/1) brings an incredible hula event to Sacramento. Dance hula with the great kumu in a non-competitive environment. Workshops on Friday and Saturday with performances of the dances learned each evening. Also workshops in hula implement making and oli. Register for two days ($270) or one day ($185). Includes lunch, dinner and the evening show. (Which you can be part of!!). If five or more come and register as a group, rate is $195 for the two days. Email me or call Sandra Ane at (916) 419-3374 if this is your plan, so we can make sure you have the group registration form. Check out website www.epilikakou-sacramento.org for more info. Show-only tickets are $10 .. come around 6pm to get a good seat.

Workshop registration is at the Double Tree and starts each day at 7am. Workshops are at nearby Cal Expo and evening performance and dinner is back at the doubletree. You can get cheap Double Tree rates through our website. My halau, Kawaikahe Lani Malie, assists Blaine Kia and the Laua'e Foundation in putting on this event.

Here is the list of kumu:

Kealoha Kalama, O`ahu- 2006 Honoree
Frank Kawaikapuokalani Hewett, O`ahu
Maelia Lobenstein-Carter, O`ahu
Chinky Mahoe, O`ahu
Charles Kaupu, Mau`i
Tuti Kanahele, O'ahu
Sonny Ching, O`ahu
Michael Keala Ching, Kona
Keali'i Ceballos, California
Auntie Mary Lou Kekuewa
Auntie Paulette Kahelepuna
Leialoha Amina, Kohala
Leimomi Ho, O'ahu
Greg Lontayao, O'ahu
Kunewa Mook, California
Ku'ualohanui Kaulia
Paulette Kahalepuna
Michael Kopp, O`ahu The Hula Supply Center

Me ke aloha,
Lynn

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  05:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy mackerel, what a line-up!!
Go to Top of Page

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  1:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Sarah, catch one of those efare flights and come on out !! It is a truly amazing collection of kumu and performers. Kumu Blaine is dedicated to this event and bringing lots of haumana together to dance hula in a non-competitive environment.

Me ke aloha,
Lynn
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  01:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! Will this be a yearly event? Man, if I wasn't playing music this weekend, I'd come down! How lucky you are to have all these folks assembled in one place. If this happens again, please let us know! Mahalo - Maggie
Go to Top of Page

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  8:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It happens every year so I'll be posting again .. try to do it more in advance.

Me ke aloha,
Lynn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000