Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Slack key, Hula, Uke & Steel @ Lark Camp!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  08:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha All -

Although Lark Camp is still a long ways off, best to start thinking about it right away. Mickie has invited a great staff to fill out the Hawaiian music and dance program this coming year.

• Robyn Knuebuhl - Hula & `Ukulele
  • Kevin Brown - Slack Key Guitar & Hawaiian songs
  • Mark Nelson (tha's me) - Slack Key Guitar and `Ukulele
  • Peter Grant - dobro and lap steel

After trying for about a dozen years to get Hawaiian music at Lark, you better believe I'm stoked. Last summer, with Robyn and Kevin, was truly magical.

I haven't seen Peter Grant in many years, he was the one who put me on the Weissenborn quest in the early `80s. Great player! (OK, Pete isn't a Hawaiian player -- but you'll still learn what you need. I've written him asking if he'll include some Hawaiian repertoire, too.)

I'm sure the Arago `ohana will be on hand too, for in camp jams and after camp concerts.

Lark is a wonder - every kind of music and dance in the world, spread across three beautiful old woodland camps in the Mendocino redwoods.

Dates are August 1-8, 2008.

It always sells out, so don't wait too long!

http://www.larkcamp.com/

(Disclaimer: I don't have a financial stake in Lark, more's the pity, tho' I've been on staff for something like 25 years.)

Edited by - Mark on 10/30/2007 08:41:11 AM

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  6:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wrong Mark!

You do have a financial stake in Lark Camp, you've been spending plenty of money there for years now!!

We will sign up again as well, wouldn't miss it for the world and it just keeps getting better and better as the Hawaiian contingent becomes bigger and bigger.

Hope to bring my "boy" sometime, there is plenty for him to learn there.

Julie

Go to Top of Page

Michael Arago
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  5:40:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh You Guys!

We're sending in our check today ! Saw Mickie Z today in Fort Bragg and he said they already have twice as many people signed up for Lark Camp as they had in January last year.

Lark Camp's pretty special ! Marybeth and I don't want to miss out.

Michael

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000