Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Jeff Peterson, Ozzie Kotani
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  12:42:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha all -
If you're going to be in town (SoCal) for the Slack Key Festival on Jan 20th and are interested in a workshop with Jeff Peterson, or a less formal informational session session with Ozzie Kotani, contact me and I will give you more information on what's going on. I live 2 miles west of the Performing Arts Center where the festival is being held and will have my home open for hanging out/jamming etc.
Be sure to get your tickets for the show!!!
n

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1018 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  12:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nance, Looks like Mary and I are going to the Makaha Sons on the 19th at Whittier (3:00 show) and will probably stay up there (somewhere) Sat Night. So, we'll probably try to stop by your place Sun AM to see Ozzie.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  11:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are the facts as I currently know them:
Jeff Peterson is kind enough to offer us workshop at $40/person, here in Manhattan Beach at 11:00 AM Saturday, Jan 19th. Unless there is strong input to change, the subject will be a follow up to his theory classes given last month in Pahala, including additional songs. I believe anyone with some ki ho'alu experience will really enjoy whatever Jeff has to share.
On Sunday, Ozzie Kotani has consented to join us here in Manhattan Beach for a more relaxed session, including question and answers - more free-form; and he will be bringing TAB! There is no charge per se, but hopefully folks will be very generous as we "pass the hat". I am thinking that this will start at 9:00 to give Ozzie and Mitch plenty of time for sound-check and to get ready for the big festival. Please contact me and I will send out info as I get it.
You are welcome to "hang out", talk story, jam, here before the festival. It is 2 miles west of the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center.
Sure sounds like fun, Yah??
auntie nancy
Go to Top of Page

dennyb
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  6:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow!
I would like to attend these workshops...I will email you for more info
thanks!
dennyb
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  9:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I attended a Jeff Peterson workshop in Alaska in August. One of the best 2 your sessions I've ever attended. Really good for beginners as well as intermediates such as myself. And of course he could teach any level player some pretty neat stuff. Good tabs, too.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  12:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Karl!
Hope to see you this far south again one of these days. Jeff was at Keoki's camp in Pahala last month and we were blown away by his teaching skill. I think we got very very lucky to have both Jeff and Ozzie agree to work with us this weekend. It's going to be awesome seeing everyone Sat night and sunday as well.
For any of you interested, be sure to look at the stage at the left and right front corners for Rik Nieves' ipus. Some are decorated, some not. All for sale.
Aloha!
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  10:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nancy,
How is old slkho anyway? Haven't seen or heard anything of him lately, glad to see he is still making the ipus.
Wish I could make it down there again, but going to winter camp (my wife just loves to tell people she is sending me away to camp, the big baby) takes a lot of bucks, and, since Susan teaches and cannot join me, it can almost qualify in the "once-in-a-wifetime" trip category...except this is my second time and she is still with me. So far.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  3:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
slkho (aka Rik) (aka Ex Slack) turned 50 recently.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  3:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Attended a workshop with Jeff the other night. EXCELLENT. He had something for everybody and lots of good information to share. Nice guy to boot!

Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  02:42:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Man!!!
Two fabulous workshops on the same weekend! My thanks to both of these kumus to take time out of their very busy schedules here on the mainland for the slack key festival. They are 2 of the very best and do such an excellent job of giving us enough material to keep us busy for months, or in my case, years.
And a big thanks to the locals, and many not-so-locals for coming and making these a success. We really had a good time!!!
Pulikis to each and every one, and keep in touch so we can. . . Kani Ka Pila!!!
n
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  10:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mila ele, you make it sound like turning 50 is a death knell! So what?! I like Ex Slack, but only if it is not true; I do hope he is still playing. Anyone have recent contact iffo?

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  1:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,
If you look at the photo that Steven posted on the SOCAL SLACK KEY FESTIVAL topic, you can see RIK dead center front row. He is STILL a slacker.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000