Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Northcoast Hula Workshop Feb 15-17 2008
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  08:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Announcing the Third Annual North Coast Hula Workshop sponsored by Ka Hui Hula O Ka 'Aina Punahele as a fund raiser for the Twinsburg Library Foundation

For further information please contact Dr. Michelle Taylor at
michellemalie @ gmail.com

Taught by Kumu Hula Mapuana de Silva and Kihei de Silva
Featuring the Merrie Monarch Dancers of Halau Mohala `Ilima with musical accompaniment and performances by the Merrie Monarch Musicians of Halau Mohala `Ilima..."Kawaikini"...featuring the musical talents of Ryan Gonzalez (`Ale`a), Keoni Souza, Keawe Lopes and Kapalai`ula de Silva.

Friday night informal class with Mapuana and Kihei de Silva, teaching a mele or oli. Saturday night benefit lu`au, auction and ho`ike. Two full days of hula workshop. Shuttle service available from the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport extra fee)...or don't forget your friends Paul and Wanda Certo, who have a 7 person van, lots of good mele on the stereo and lots of aloha.

Held at the Twinsburg Hilton Garden Inn. Special room rate of $69.00 per night. Seminar registration $150 (by Jan. 6); $25 Friday class with Aunty Mapu and Uncle Kihei; $55 for Lu`au. Registration inclues two breakfasts and two lunches. Friday night Hawaiian food available for purchase during seminar registration. Vendor tables of books, CDs, hula implements; holoku, pa`u and much, much more.

Join us in Cleveland... E Komo Mai.....

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

pittdg
Aloha

22 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  02:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Send pittdg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I will be attending as always , but will there be more vendor tables this year? I was a bit disappointed in the turn out of vendors at the last workshop. Despite not being able to buy some aloha stuff, it was a great time.

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  07:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are not yet certain how many vendors will participate. Paul and I will be working with Michelle Malie Taylor and putting our labor wherever she needs it. We might be fetching folks to and from the airport, etc. As we learn more particulars, we shall keep you appraised. Of course, all pending on what the heart surgeon will let me do. At the very least, I will be there taking pictures and singing along. We hope to get a kanikapila going when pau hana.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

pittdg
Aloha

22 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  4:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Send pittdg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just received my tickets , and am really excited to hear some live hawaiian music again. You can't get too much of that around Ohio, even though my wife and I buy hawaiian music online all the time. Wanda, do you know anywhere around this area that may have hawaiian style gifts, food, etc.. We have only found Kimo's in Ohio City plus Jackie Chen's Asian Diner in Parma for the food. Aloha!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  12:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Pittdg - you have found all there is that I know of. You've got to make your own Aloha, I guess. Let me know if you want to kanikapila when the hula workshop is over. We can bring guitars and `ukulele and dulcimers to the hotel. Matter of fact, I never heard of Jackie Chen's, but that is obviously something I need to check out.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000