Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 2009 Winter Aloha Camp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  08:31:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Announcing the Aloha Music Camp's Winter Camp!
February 8-14, 2009
Keauhou Beach Resort, Island of Hawaii
with
The Beamer Family and Friends
Keola Beamer • Slack Key Guitar
Moanalani Beamer • Hula & Lei Making
Kaliko Beamer-Trapp • Hawaiian Language & `Ukulele

John Keawe • Slack Key Guitar
Hope Keawe • Hula
Raiatea Helm • `Ukulele & Singing
Mark Kailana Nelson • Slack Key Guitar & `Ukulele • Dennis Lake • `Ukulele Construction
Na Kupuna o Hawai`i
and more to come!

We will be announcing more staff as we get confirmations, bu I thought you might want a preview.

Online Registration for both 2009 camps is now open at: www.alohamusiccamp.com

Please note that we are handling registration a bit differently this year. Camp fees of $1350 include 6 days & nights of fun, 3 delicious meals per day, and all classes, concerts, jam sessions and workshops.

To make it more flexible for you to arrange your trip, the hotel is not included. Thanks to terrific Aloha Camp rates starting at $135 per night (sngl/dbl) at the Keauhou, your total costs may actually be lower for 2009!

There is lots more info on the website, including a newly revamp FAQs page. Ever wonder what the Hemojangs were up to? Where the best snorkeling is? How to sign up for camp? It's all there.

Hope to see you at Keauhou.

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  09:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome!

.... but, I'm still waiting for the Hemojangs to be on the instructor list...

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

suelou
Aloha

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  2:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, the hotel is not taking reservations yet - they say they have not finished negotiating prices with AMC. Can you let us know when that happens so I can call them back and book? Looking forward and counting the days already! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  06:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Mark, the hotel is not taking reservations yet - they say they have not finished negotiating prices with AMC.

That is not entirely true. They just have not put the rooms in the system yet, and not everyone in reservations has been informed of the skinny. That ought to happen within the next few days. It is a new new program for the Keauhou, and there are always some kinks to work out.

You can certainly book your rooms at any time-- I know of people who have. And it's a hotel, for goodness sake-- like they won't take a room reservation?

All you need to do is book the dates you want, and ask them to make a note that you are part of the Aloha Camp.

Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  08:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 2009 Aloha Music Camp is fast approaching. As many of you know, this is the only camp we are producing this year due to the economic meltdown and other factors.

We have had a very gratifying response and the camp is doing very well. Mahalo to everyone for their support. There still is room if you want to come, but I will be closing down online reservations in a couple of weeks. So act fast!

Couple last minute announcements:

First, we have added the very handsome Kona Bob to our staff. He will teach Hawaiian steel guitar (in Taropatch... he'll have nut extenders if you don't have a steel) and his wonderful Kona Walking bass. He'll also be on hand to give one-on-one lessons.

We have a wonderful new class-- a talk-story with Keola and Moana about Beamer Family traditions, music, performing, bad roadfood stories and anything else.

Airfares have fallen, rental cars are cheaper than ever (not that you need one) and the Keauhou Beach Resort just dropped their already low Aloha Camp Rates.

And, finally, our Aloha Camp online store is chock full of T-shirts, hats, mugs and other nifty items. If you are coming to camp, this is the only way to get your groovy camp wear.

If you are not coming to camp-- you can pretend you did. And we have select items from previous camps. The online store will only be live for a short time more... so check it out ASAP.

Go to http://www.alohamusiccamp.com/ for more info.

Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  09:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being the poseur that I am........I'm gonna pretend I'm on Hawaiian time....

Just ordered a petroglyph clock.....kewl!

Cheers

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Lokahi

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  02:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking forward to this so much I can hardly contain myself. Excellent news about the taropatch steel from Kona Bob - I really want to learn a bit about steel, and not having to bring an electric is a big bonus. Also, excellent news about the lower rates - the dollar exchange rate has recently become worse (from my point of view) so this is especially welcome!

All I need to do now is get myself some more false fingernails sorted out,
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  06:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you haven't booked because of airfare costs, check out the current airfares from Hawaiian and other airlines...Hawaiian is as low as $289 RT and I've seen others even lower.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Michael MacLeod
Aloha

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  2:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael MacLeod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any idea how one gets from the airport to the resort? Is it best to take a taxi or is there a practical bus service or something?

Jo and I are really looking forward to this.

Thanks.

Michael MacLeod
The Acoustic Guitar, Calgary
www.acousticguitar.net
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  4:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just called Speedi Shuttle (808) 329-5433. The nice lady I spoke with told me that for two people, the trip from the airport to Keauhou Outrigger will be $40.16 (including tax) and for four people it will be $45.91 (including tax) With six people you will save more money...

You campers might post your flight times here, and try to arrange a group rate!

Aloha,
-Konabob

http://www.konaweb.com/ <-Web site about the Big Island

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass

Edited by - Konabob on 01/16/2009 4:28:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Michael MacLeod
Aloha

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  08:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael MacLeod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Bob.

We haven't booked our flight yet as we will be on the north side of Oahu for the week prior to the camp and I expect we can be walk-ons, though I will confirm this while on Oahu. I should be able to match our arrival times to some other campers that are booked for the extra stay. We'll be arriving on the 6th, all fresh and tanned from 8 or 9 days on Oahu.

Any campers who are coming in on the 6th would be welcome to share a cab.
you can reach me directly @ mike @ acousticguitar.net

Mahalo

Michael MacLeod
The Acoustic Guitar, Calgary
www.acousticguitar.net
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  1:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just have to post that Kailua-Kona has had the most spectacularly beautiful weather this last two weeks. If you get a chance, visit the KonaWeb Cam at
http://www.konaweb.com/index.shtml#WEBCAM
We have not had any volcanic haze for several weeks, and they tell us that the volcano has started to take it easy! Wonderful!
See you folks real soon!
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass

Edited by - Konabob on 01/17/2009 1:01:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  5:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Bob,

That's great news. I know that my son was horribly disappointed in Kona, he gets really blue when it is gray outside, and after having experienced Moloka'i and Napili Bay, he was expecting sunny weather and sandy beaches. He was one surly boy all week last voggy June.

OK, so my hubby and I arrive in Kona 2/5 at 12:34 PM with United Airlines. If anyone needs a ride to Keahou, you can email me here. Be forewarned! We will stop at Costco for beverages for the week!

Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  09:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My wife and I will be arriving at the airport at 12:30 on Feb 8th and plan to take Speedi shuttle. Anybody arriving the same time and want to share the ride?

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  4:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jan and I are arriving about 3:30 on Feb 5 on USAir from Baltimore by way of Phoenix. We're getting a car and would be happy to give a ride to anyone getting in around the same time -- sorry, no COSTCO side trip; but maybe Safeway for some pog.

Julie - maybe the four of us (and anyone else coming in that early) can meet up at the hotel for drinks/dinner. We look forward to meeting you in person.

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page

Mark Alan
Aloha

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  4:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark Alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm coming in on the 4th at about 3:15. If anyone is arriving around that time and needs a ride, I'm renting a car. Just drop me a line.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000