Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila O'ahu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  10:16:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha,

Rich, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm really grateful to you for helping out with the flyers, can't wait to see them. Glad you got to connect with Andrew too, he's a nice guy.

As far as attaching the flyer, I'm definitely the wrong person to ask. I did get the dates out to the papers though, so we should watch the calendars and make sure they get them in there for us. They are: Honolulu Star Bulletin, Honolulu Advertiser, and the Midweek.

Mahalo, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

RichM
Aloha

30 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  10:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit RichM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lanet,

Am dropping copies off today to Andrew. Printing 20 of them.

Maybe the next time you or Tim are in Wahiawa you can stop by to pick up a few of them.

Rich

Music and Ridin'

Edited by - RichM on 12/01/2008 10:35:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  10:51:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

I also made a flyer with my trusty Creating Keepsakes scrapbooking software. I saved it as a pdf file but I cannot get photo bucket to pick it up, either. It says invalid file type. I can attach to e-mails easy enough, but do not know how to imbed for showing here.

Good thing we finally got a phone so we don't have to climb the pole any more. It gets cold and windy in the wintertime.

Save as or convert to an image format, such as .jpg or similar.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  06:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Rich,

That's wonderful! Thank you so much! I'll be heading up in the next few days and will grab one then.

Mahalo, Lanet
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  06:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Everyone,

Good news, Mike Keale called me earlier this week and said he's coming to our kanikapila this weekend. If you haven't yet met Mike, he is so much fun! My children love spending time with him.

See you Saturday!
~Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

Doug Fitch
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  02:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doug Fitch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha, I just stumbled across this thread. How cool that we're gonna have a kanikapila (& open mic?) on O'ahu. Higher Ground is a great venue. I just performed up there a couple weeks back and your right, Andrew and Jen Kitakis are great folks (as are the entire family). Andrew and Jen also own Hawaii Music Supply which is just a few doors down from the cafe. I'm glad to hear Mike Keale is gonna come. He's a really fun guy and has a voice smoother than velvety cream cheese on jello (hope you read this Mike!). Seriously, he has one of the greatest voices around, bar none. I hope to make it up there to see/hear all of you this Saturday (2 to 4, right?). I'd be driving my van if anyone wants to carpool from Windward (I live Kailua).
Idea: Would email notifications help attendance? I'd like to be spammed with the kanikapila schedule.
Aloha! Doug

Doug Fitch
fitchdoug @ yahoo.com
www.dougfitchmusic.com
http://youtube.com/user/dougfitchmusic
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  06:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh, yes! Thumbstruck and I will be on Oahu 4 weeks from today!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  09:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wee Haw!

We're going to have FUN on Saturday! Mike, Doug, Jack, and Kory, the kids are going to be so excited to play music with you guys. What a great Christmas present! RichM, are you to be able to make it too? Hope so!

Anybody out there willing to video and You Tube the kanikapilas? That would be GREAT. See you all on Saturday, and yes Doug, it's from 2 to 4 p.m. Not sure about spamming you though, maybe better to just jot the dates down in your calendar (Dec 13, Jan 10, Feb 21), then check back to this topic now and then.

A Hui Hou, Lanet and the children
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  9:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww.. I not pau with work until 4pm.. but i work Wahiawa.. maybe I can catch the end of it. Awesome that you are organizing that. :)
Go to Top of Page

RichM
Aloha

30 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  09:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit RichM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lanet, will try to make it. Temproary duty orders came up for travel for work and personal travel the week after so I will be off island Sunday through the start of 2009.

If I don't get to see you and your family and everyone else, have fun, a Merry Christmas and safe New Years....no burnt fingers from fireworks!

Music and Ridin'

Edited by - RichM on 12/12/2008 09:44:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  11:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bummerz -- who has to go TDY at Christmas time? One time they sent me TDY to Pittsburgh at holiday time and another time to Dayton, Cinci and Louisville. That really cuts into holiday prep time.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  11:29:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Rich,

Thanks so much for creating the flyers. I really appreciate your time and effort on that! Hope you can make it tomorrow Rich. Won't be the same without you.

Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  11:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Everybody, Wanda just reminded me (mahalo Wanda!) that Kory and Jack are visiting NEXT month. So we'll see them then. Sorry for the boo boo.

~Lanet
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  5:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by abrigoohana

Hey Everybody, Wanda just reminded me (mahalo Wanda!) that Kory and Jack are visiting NEXT month. So we'll see them then. Sorry for the boo boo.

~Lanet

OH YEAH!! Can hardly wait! 27 days & counting!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  5:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Video of Mike Keale playing Kou Kaula `Ili -- oh what a voice -- can be found on you tube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMtL1jvDyVs . What a kanikapila that must have been. Who else is in the video? I know who was Timi and Emily, but one other `ukulele player with long hair & pony tail; and also one head of someone else (was Zack maybe??).

Lanette - I am sure as word gets out it will grow. Who wouldn't want to jam with someone from the Keale `ohana? Get choke mana in that family. Thank you for all your hard work in planning and organizing. I hope it has grown big and strong by time we come in August. Paul's bringing his 12-string. Maybe he and Timi can trade licks.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000