Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila O'ahu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  7:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Wanda,

It was a beautiful kanikapila! Wish you were there. You know, having it smallish is nice and personal, but having it grow would be fun too. I'm sure that the right people will come as they learn about it.

Mike was SO fabulous. He had so much fun that he plans to continue to come to future kanikapilas. The gentleman on the ukulele is Mike's friend Dickie. Also in attendance was Zach, Rich M, and my children. The weather was kind of junk that day again. I'm guessing that's why some others who were interested here on the taropatch didn't show up.

Can't wait for you guys to come. Tell Paul to bring that 12 string whether the kanikapila grows or not, because it is AWESOME and you guys will have a great time. We always take ukuleles and all kinds cause my kids switch off and play bass, guitar, banjo, autoharp, what ever. Boy did they have the fire in their belly after the kanikapila! Timi can't wait for next month!
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  02:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like a great happening. I look forward to feb 21.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  06:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK everyone, don't forget the kanikapila is this Saturday, January 10th, from 2 to 4 p.m. Got some visitors from taropatch.net on the mainland coming. LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!

Aloha, the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  11:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatch Ohana!
Great news, Uncle Mike Keale is coming tomorrow, YAY! Also, there are a couple other wonderful musicians that are hoping to squeeze it into their schedule too. Don't want to put their names down until they confirm with me, but trust me, if they come, I will be crying!

AN FYI: The Abrigo Ohana has been booked to perform on Pakele Live! February 5th, 2009! Please come to the show, watch it on TV, or on the web. Thank you in advance for your support!
Go to Top of Page

slackkey808
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  01:03:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey aunty what time will it be on T.V.?
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  10:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Zack!
We'll be going this Thursday to see Uncles Led and Mike on the show. I'll get all the show time info and etc then, and post it here for everyone's convenience. In the mean time, here's the link to Pakele Live!, where you can connect to the video stream: http://www.pakelelive.com/ See you at the kanikapila this afternoon!
Auntie Lanet
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  12:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well.....we are waiting for wala`au. How was it? Jack and Kory, I hope you no get lost. And I hope you no take manapua ova da pali.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

sm80808
Lokahi

347 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  01:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was good fun. :)
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  02:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ho, Shawn. You are a man of many words. You must not be Podagee like me (honorary, annointed by Mr. Medeiros).

Who played what, who sung what, who made chicken skin, how many cups o kope you guys wen drink, etc., etc. (Yes, I am niele.)

Auntie wants to know it all. I am living vicariously through you guys.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  07:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seattle contingent is waiting for word, too. We had a good turnout at our monthly Konakapila yesterday, but the absence of Kory & Jack was duly noted.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  08:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

Seattle contingent is waiting for word, too. We had a good turnout at our monthly Konakapila yesterday, but the absence of Kory & Jack was duly noted.

It was really fun! We kapila'd for 2 1/2 hrs: Duke, Braddah Jay, several Abrigos, Zach, Steve Keale, Dough Fitch (who has been a wonderful next door neighbor and got us to Kay's Alii Vacation Rentals - wow!), StudentAccount1, and some other very good pickers whose name elude us (Thumbs is looking over my shoulder at the moment) right now. I was pretty wiped from learning new tunes & backing everyone on my frypan), so went to bed early last night, while Thumbs went over to Doug's. It rained like hell last night, and on our way back home on the Leeward side - ok over here. Weather has been fine, though. We are about 3 blocks from Kailua Beach and 15 minute walk to Buzz's (fine Mai Tai's and great fish!). I had my first lesson from Alan Akaka (we saw him Thursday at the Moana Terrace as noted elsewhere) yesterday morning. B11 mysteries resolved, kinda. Another lesson at 3:30 today, then off to see Led at the Kona Brewery. Tourist day tomorrow - gotta have palaka shirt -, BBQ wid Duke & Jay (maybe Bobby Ingano and Ozzie Kotani) Tuesday. Led Wednesday evening and the home on Thursday. I was hoping that the Boeing engineers would go on strike last month so I could stay longer, but, alas, we settled, so back to work to accrue enough vacation to come back for the HSGA convention end of April. The TP folks we've met have been great (what else can ya' expect, eh?) Way too much fun!!!!! Thumbs says hi, btw

keaka
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  11:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing but the utmost aloha, my friends. Makes me sniffle a bit, because I am so happy this big, wide-spread `ohana plays well together.

Jack - have Doug tell you the name of the place we took him to lunch when he had the hypo-glycemic thing going on. Was fantastic kaukau, Its there in Kailua, very close to Doug's hale.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  12:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatch Ohana,

We had a beautiful time yesterday. Much mahalo to all of you who made it, and also to those of you who were there in spirit. What a wonderful blessing to have Kory and Jack (Slipry and Thumbs) join us. If any other members of the Taropatch ohana will be visiting in the coming months (March through May), please let me know the dates of your visit ASAP so I can be sure to schedule a kanikapila when you can make it.

Sadly, no one videoed the event this time. Last month we were blessed to have the fabulous Mich Moore come and shoot some video for us. That's what you were able to see on You Tube from last months kanikapila. You can see more of her work here: http://www.youtube.com/user/thetikitorch
When you go to her You Tube channel, you will find videos of some of the finest music in Hawaii (including a recent video of Mr. Doug Fitch). She'd hope to make it this time, but had to work. I'm working on getting more memory for my camera so I can shoot some video myself, but I'm not as good at it as her because I'm always so swept up in the rhythm. Many of my videos make you sea sick to watch because I start rocking back and forth.

This months kanikapila guest book included (first names only for privacy purposes):
Timi
Emily
Quinn
Nainoa
Dickie
Kimo N
Mike
Me (only played one song)
Big Tim
Kory
Shawn
Ray
Braddah Jay
Duke
Zack
Jack
Keoni
Kupa'a
Melissa
Kaui
Kimo M
Mathew

Some just came to listen and enjoy the music, but you know how kanikapilas are, it all starts with that inspiration... I feel so honored to be the one who organizes this event. So many wonderful people, a community of musicians to support each other and the generations to come.

A Hui Hou, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
P.S. I will have photos to post eventually. Had to borrow my friends camera and will need to get the pics from her so I can post them.
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  12:57:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oops, sorry, forgot the mention some of the songs:

Hula Makee ~ I've never heard it sung more beautifully, thanks Mike!
Mauna Loa Slack Key ~ Timi always has so much fun playing that one!
Ku'u Home O' Kahalulu ~ beautifully done Duke!
Slack Key #1 ~ fabulous Zack!
Ke Aloha ~ Emily sure does a beautiful job on that one, makes me cry.
Kanaka Waiwai ~ Dickie did this on the uke so beautifully.
The train song (forget the name) ~ Kimo had us going with this one!
There were so many more songs that just aren't coming to me right now, every one of them SO BEAUTIFUL. Many that Doug, Jack and Kory did I've never heard before. Thank you so much for sharing them with us you guys!

A Hui Hou, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  1:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howzit folks,please forgive da two bolo head baboose foa not recording da event,cause we did rememba to bring da video camcorder.Das what happens wen you having a good time,was right by dukes feet da whole time.I know,das why haad.Lanet you're an angel,thanks for everything.Maybe next time I remind him,or him me.Was fun,and braddah mike dat voice,lets do em again.Also we wen play "hene hene kou'aka" no worry wanda duke like print sheets for everyone so we can play hokulea's star of gladness with you in mind,of course recorded Till then aloha.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000