Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila O'ahu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

slackkey808
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  2:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Aunty Lanet, I agree with everyone the kanikapila was awesome. I think the choochoo trains song you're talking about is called "Ka'a' Ahi Kahului" by Palani Vaughn (according to Uncle Led). Feb 21 is the next kanikapila right? Can't wait to see who turns up then.

note: I should've stuck around, I didn't know Timi had figured out Maunaloa Slack Key.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  4:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like listen Palani Vaughn sing da choo-choo song and his mo`opuna dance hula for it. Very nice indeed. I think it is on You Tube somewhere.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  5:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh Braddah Ed - Wot you go change youah name? You still da same lovable kolohe? Or you get new persona in da witless proteckshun program?

And you darn tootin boot scootin' da Portagee Queen in Cleveland like know. But is it Portagee or Podagee or Pordagee or Potagee? An is dat da same as pocho?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  8:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Eh Braddah Ed - Wot you go change youah name?

You noticed that too, ah? Maybe it should be "Sybil."
quote:
An is dat da same as pocho?
Just ask Frank DeLima.
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  4:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatch Ohana,

It brings tears to my eyes to read all your beautiful comments and how much everyone enjoyed the kanikapila. I couldn't have hoped for better than that, you guys are the bomb. Mike emailed me this morning too, he, Kimo and Dickie also had a wonderful time and are looking forward to next month already. After the kanikapila, Timi went over to the music store and played a bunch of guitars, then came home and played some more. He loves these kanikapilas. Thank you for coming and mentoring my children. It takes an entire community to raise a child, what a great "community" of musicians this has turned out to be.

Mahalo, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana

Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  11:08:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Gang,

I dropped in on the kanikapila and had a listen for a while just being a quiet spectator. Didn't know anyone so was a bit shame to introduce myself so I just listened and took it all in while I drank my coffee. Good stuff. Maybe next time I'll be brave enough to bring my 12'er and jump in although I don't slack if that's o.k. Looked like a good turn out though this last time with everyone having a good time which is the main ting. Anywayz, maybe next month.

Aloha,
Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  09:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalos Duke,

if you saw me, I was the short Japanee guy sitting at one of the tall round tables just cruzin. Hopefully my schedule permits me to kani at the next one.

Aloha,
Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  09:06:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Ho'okani,
The whole point of these kanikapilas is to come together and enjoy the music. No worries if you just want to play quietly, or whatever tuning you play (standard, slack, or some other alternative tuning). Even coming and listening like you did is great. Whenever you feel ready, just jump in. The next kanikapila is scheduled for FEBRUARY 21, 2 to 4 p.m. at Higher Ground Hawaii.
Mahalo, Lanet
P.S. Duke, you are SO FUNNY... "I'm the big bollohead guy, Jay is the small one". If I hadn't met you guys already, just imagine the picture I'd have in my head of you two!
Anyone else coming to see Uncle Led and Uncle Mike tonight at Pakele Live!?
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  08:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To da Abrigo Ohana-plenny t'anks, eh! The kanikapila was GREAT. Slip and I made it home OK. Tired, but happy. It was truly grand to put faces with names and enjoy the aloha. Keep it up!
Braddah Jay an' Duke - eh, too bad da distance, oddawise bumbai I stay jalike da chewing gum undaneat da rubbah slippah, hahd foa get rid of. Big mahalo to erybody!
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  4:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be remiss if I didn't mention the great time Jack and I had with Peter Medeiros and the good times we had jamming with Doug Fitch (awesome job on the CD,BTW!).
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  08:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatch Ohana,

We are looking for a new place for the kanikapila. Hoping for something more central so everyone can come, and maybe with a little more space. Any ideas??? Please keep in mind, we want to stay dry, so indoors would be nice if possible. Also, wondering if Saturdays work best for everyone? Was kind of thinking Sunday afternoons might work better, please let me know.

I'm canceling the February kanikapila until we find a new place.

Mahalo, Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  10:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow bummers. hope you find a place soon. I miss out again.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

slackkey808
Akahai

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  11:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww bummers. What if we just had kanikapila's at different people's houses? I'm not sure but doesn't that eventually mean that everyone will have traveled the same distance (assuming they go to all them). We could have February one at my house, unless you're looking for like a rec center or something, if so then hope you find a place soon.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  3:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bring it to Seattle - we'll make space for all of you.

You gotta connect up with Braddah No`eau while he's there, though.

Edited by - Retro on 01/27/2009 3:43:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  3:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about some park? Maybe Koko head. Sureley they get a pavilion can use? What about that place we went at Kaka`ako, had nice pavilion. Only wish the bathroomos had DOORS on the stalls. Or Waimanalo Park?

Or, I've got a great idea for Kahuku area, but that's too far for everyone, yeah?

What about ask at Queen Emma's Summer Home if can use grounds? May bring more visitors to the beautiful place so full of history. They have a place out back where the gift shop is that might be good. They seemed to be so anxious to get people to honor Hawaiian culture that maybe they would be amenable. Or shootz, even inquire at Bishop Museum.

Or maybe someplace has a nice lanai.

Or Maybe one school can let use a room after hours. Or maybe a halau has space to share. Or even a church community room or church basement or something.

What about Helemano plantation? Maybe even could work out something where you could teach some of their residents how to play `ukulele or guitar or singing or hula. Matter of fact, I think I would call them if I lived over there. THAT is a really great place, full of good works.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 01/27/2009 3:58:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000