Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 2009 Gorge* Ukulele Festival
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  1:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm posting this info for Gordon & Char Myer of Mya-Moe `Ukulele:

The 2009 Gorge Ukulele Festival on February 27th (7pm concert by the Langley Ukulele Ensemble) and February 28th (all day uke workshops followed by an instructor concert that evening). You can read more about it at www.gorgeukuleles.org.

If you haven't seen the Langley Ukulele Ensemble (www.langleyukes.com), they are more than worth the $10 ticket price for the friday concert. The saturday workshops are $85. We'll have 4 time slots and 4 classes in each time slot. We have an incredible lineup of instructors including Mark Nelson, Craig Chee, Kate Power & Steve Einhorn, Dave Mullany, Peter Luongo (director of the LUE), and some great musician instructors from Hood River. Following the saturday workshops will be an informal concert & jam at The Pines (winery)--there's no cover charge.

This entire event is a fundraiser (no paid staff, all volunteer instruction) for the Hood River School Music Program (to buy ukes & instructional materials).

People can register for the workshops by calling Hood River Community Education at: 541-386-2055.

Mark here:
* Hood River, Oregon is in the Columbia Gorge, about an hour east of Portland. Beautiful location, fantastic windsurfing, and, more importantly for some us us, home of Full Sail Ale.

Elaine
Akahai

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  8:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up, Mark. This sounds like too much fun! I actually have all the Langley CD's! The William Tell Overture on ukulele is amazing. Hope to see you there.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  08:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I made it home last night after a terrific weekend in Hood River.

The festival was a benefit to fund a wonderful after school program that gets kids playing and singing music. The organizers claimed to have doubled their goal-- enough to fund not one but two new programs. Yippie!

http://www.eileengarvin.com/?p=636

Friday nite's concert with the Langley Ukulele Ensemble was relevatory. Even better was seeing the Langley kids working one-on-one with kids from Hood River the next day

On Saturday we had workshops with Kate Power & Steve Einhorn, Craig Chee, Dave Mullany, Larry Wyatt, Rick Hulett, Ben Bonham & Peter Luongo. Many of the staff were new to me...I had enough time to check out some of their classes, and I learned a lot.

The day ended with short performances by all the instructors and a few guests... Like Moe Dixon and a couple of zanys from Lane County... then we just jammed in various confusions... err, collaborations until we closed the joint.

Fun was had.

Mahalos to Gordan & Char, Larry, all the volunteers, and every one else.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000