Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Puget Sound Guitar Workshop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  09:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be teaching two slack key classes for Week One: July 25-31.

One will be for newbies (level 2) the other for more experienced players (level 3)

Even better, James Hill will be teaching `ukulele that week.

And, as icing on the cake, Stacy Phillips, who wrote the book on Hawaiian steel guitar, is "camp instrumentalist."

http://www.langston.com/PSGW/

Duck Baker, IMHO the world's best fingerstyle guitar player, and Wayne Henderson, the legendary luthier/guitarist, will also be teaching. Holy Moly!

Michael MacLeod
Aloha

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  08:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael MacLeod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy, Mark.

Sadly I won't be at Week one this year. It conflicts with a Festival that I mix
<www.canmorefolkfestival.com> I've been working this festival for about 30 years now. :-)

You and anyone else who attends PSGW will have a fantastic time.

I'll be at week 3 this year.

Michael MacLeod
The Acoustic Guitar, Calgary
www.acousticguitar.net
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  4:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mark, give James and Duck my regards. Wish I could be there with you guys! What a great collection of musicians...
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  05:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone else from California is going to this, please email me. I am interested in car-pooling so I don't have to fly my guitar(s).
Dave
Salmonlla @ aol.com
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  12:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You AND James?! I wish I could make it but it conflicts with a trip out east. Otherwise I'd definitely consider carpooling with Dave!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  10:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like I'm in for session 1.
If anybody that has been before has any helpful hints or suggestions, please send them on to me.
Also, anyone else who is going this year, I would be interested in hearing from you.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  11:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave -

Did you make up your mind about travel yet? I'm flying... and I'd be happy to share a ride from the airport.
quote:
If anybody that has been before has any helpful hints or suggestions, please send them on to me.

Get plenty of sleep before you arrive, cuz you won't once you get there.

Go to Top of Page

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  07:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark
Still working on a car pool but leaning more and more toward flying.
If the plane wins out, I would gladly share a ride from the airport.
When do you arrive and depart (email me if you don't want to post this for some reason)?

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000