Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Who's going to George's camp?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  9:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starting to wonder about what color T-shirt we will get this year...

My husband and I will go as usual, and my son, but this year we will also bring my older sister, who is just now, in her late 60's, learning hula and beginning ukulele. I think she's really looking forward to this running away from home and joining a bunch of crazy musicians.

Julie

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  01:26:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie!
I'll be there, as will Linda, Dick and Scott. Can't wait!! I think Nancy is having shows at the MACC the 18th and 19th. When are you arriving?
nancy
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  06:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Diana and I are planning to be there also. Jerry
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  07:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
E Julie, we stay livin' at George's camp. Is there anything else?

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  7:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bwop!

GGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Teri
Aloha

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  3:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha all!
Susan and I will be there for sure! I am counting down till school is out. We will be on Maui a couple days before camp starts to get the mainland off of us. We will see all of you Sunday at George's.

Teri
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  5:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message  Reply with Quote
George is going to be over here in Kona on May 30th. Why not come here, just to get in the spirit of things? Bring your Fry Pan Julie!

Saturday, May 30 from 1 to 4 at Aloha Theater
1 PM Richard Ho'opi'i beginning ukulele strumming and falsetto singing
2 PM Dennis Kamakahi slack key guitar and song writing
3 PM George Kahumoku Jr intermediate slack key ukulele

One class $15, two $20 and all three $25. What a bargain!

Call: Kumu Kanani Enos Hundley, director of Halau O Na Pua O Uluwehilani in South Kona to register at 938 6636.

Payment by cash or checks made out to George Kahumoku, Jr.

There will be a concert that evening, including dancing by the halau.
Proceeds Benefit: Aloha Theatre and Halau O Na Pua O Uluwehilani

Hawaiian Treasures Celebration Tour 2009

May 30th, 2009 7:00pm

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  6:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Aloha kakou!

Count me in for the Workshop, and John Thomas as well. Can hardly wait for the gentle breezes of Napili after all the pilikia this year!
Ou hui hou e malama pono

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  7:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okie Dokie kids!

Cocktail hour at sunset on the sea wall Saturdaynight! Sorry we won't be there on our traditional Friday night, this year we'll be flying with out mileage plus plan, and that means only certain flights are available to us. But we will be there eventually late Fridaynight!!

Yippeeyayayyayay,

Julie

Oh, and KonaBob, I know you are trying to entice us to your place, you sly fellow. Can't do it on this year's budget, though. Are you coming to George's? Should I bring my Fry Pan there?
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  07:11:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sadly, no... on this years budget... but that is why I am so glad that George is coming here! Please give your Frying Pan my deepest regards!
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  07:41:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eh, Julie, at least bring your skillet. We go grind some fried poke fo' breakfast, no?

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

jmk
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  12:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie,

I'll be at Napili in June. Looking forward to seeing you & meeting your sister. I didn't start hula & music until I retired in 2000.

I heard the T shirt is gray -- but don't know the accent color. This is important! Let me know if you hear.

Aloha
Jeri

Nahenahe
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  5:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancy has planned a concert at the MACC with Bob and George the first Sat night so maybe we should have cocktails a wee bit earlier and not drink too much to drive. Or maybe we jam the night away on the beach next door when we get back?
Nancy has 5 adorable miniature horses up in Kahakuloa, including a very new baby. Can't wait!
Anyone staying through 4th of July weekend to go to the rodeo?
Oh dear, I'm started to get very excited and still have to wait another 6 1/2 weeks! My grandson turns one on the 8th of June. Be prepared to look at pix....
Jeri, I can't believe you started hula and music a mere 9 yrs ago! You are so good!!!
Aloha all!!!
the other nancy
Go to Top of Page

garson
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  3:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit garson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Julie, and all y'all

Connie and I will be there. Now I can do Pua Tuberose in C or G or both, so get ready.

Jim Garson

Jim Garson
Go to Top of Page

garson
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  3:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit garson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Connie and I will be staying in Kula starting the night of June 16, then will come down on Sunday. If any of you want to hang out before camp, (june 17 - 20) give me a call on the cell phone (713) 377 3856

Jim Garson
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  06:01:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
E Jim, you and Connie must needs come by our digs in Ha'iku! We'll be in Fiji until Friday (19), and have a gig to play that Saturday at Flemming at noon (try come to that & play, too), but ya'll need to see how the impoverished, retired types live. Looking forward to seeing you.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000