Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Dennis Kamakahi - Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame 2009
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  7:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats to Uncle Dennis! This just in my inbox...

quote:
Aloha Everyone,

Just letting everyone know that I just received word today (7/7/2009) that I will be inducted into the Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame for 2009. Ceremonies to be held in Sept. It is a great honor and I am humbled. More information will be posted when received.

Thanks for all the support throughout these 43 yrs. This news and the anticipated arrival of my granddaughter Michele very soon is great news for me. Thanks you again for your support.

Aloha,
Rev. Dennis Kamakahi

Andy

LovinLK
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  7:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit LovinLK's Homepage  Send LovinLK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Dennis. You're most deserving of this honor.

Lovin' Lee is my favorite pasttime!!

Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  8:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Dennis . . . this is well-deserved recognition for all the great music you've given us!

Don
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  02:19:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dennis - This is a wonderful honor for you. Our heartiest congratulations. We shall see how the bebe wraps you around her fingers. as well. Much aloha from Wanda & Paul.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  04:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Dennis! It's a well deserved honor.

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 07/08/2009 05:02:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  07:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto what Dusty said.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  11:37:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Uncle Dennis on a very well deserved honor! Thank you for all of your beautiful and touching music. Come to think of it, I can't recall very many kanikapilas, open mics, or concerts where we/they haven't sung at least one of your songs.

Aloha,
Doug
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  5:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I can't recall very many kanikapilas, open mics, or concerts where we/they haven't sung at least one of your songs.
What??? Doug is being too conservative, I have not been to many Kanikapilas where fewer than 3 to 6 of your songs are sung. Now, concerts, well depending on the performance artist, maybe only one or two.

My feeling on the award...

It's About Time!! (already!)

Should have gotten this thing about 10 or 15 years ago (I.M.H.O.)

OR:

aaaaaargh! Shiver me timbers! It's about time them scurvy bilge rats gave yer yer right and proper dues!... aye matey?

(inside joke from George's 2009 Maui Workshop)

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 07/09/2009 4:53:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  12:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uncle Dennis,

Please accept my warmest aloha on this wonderful accomplishment. Well deserved!

Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  2:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Aloha and Mahalo Everyone,

The news was a total surprize to me and something to cherish as well as the anticipation of the arrival of my granddaughter Michele soon. Sept. is what the doctors and parents say, But I think August is more like it...... Just call it a hunch with all her activity recently within Mom Lisa and of course Daddy David's close call while on the cell phone re: strong contractions while we were on Maui yesterday in concert w/George Kahumoku. Told him to expect the unexpected. I went through three of them....LOL

Aloha,
Dennis
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  3:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Dennis ---

I hope David & Lisa are listening; you are well-known for your sense of intuition. Congratulations on all fronts.

= Gregg & Lori =
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  9:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha and Congratulations Dennis Kamakahi. Overdue and well deserved. May the Lord Bless You with more of your music you make for all of us to enjoy, study and dance to. Aloha Piha, Kauli'a

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  02:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Uncle Dennis! What a well deserved honor to be inducted into the Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  1:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Rev, another long time fan here, Aloha

Lee
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  07:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CONGRATULATIONS DENNIS!!!!

I would have been very surprised if you hadn't been inducted.

F.Y.I., It was you I saw at my first Slack Key concert, (at the Belly Up in Solana Bch., Ca.) that inspired me to play Slack Key. Mahalo Uncle!!!
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  6:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bravo, Uncle Dennis -

I cannot think of anyone who deserves it more than you. I guess the Hall of Fame feels the same.

May your gifts to us all contine to be recognized as well they should,

Mark E
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000