Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Moses Kahumoku LIVE on the internet!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  10:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Live Broadcast from Living Slack Guitar Legend Moses Kahumoku’s Backyard

Born in 1953 on Oahu, Dr. Moses Kahumoku is a man of many skills. Besides being one of the living legends of Slack Key, he also has a PHD, and is the Reverend of Leilani Church in Kona.

Uncle began playing music at age 5 and was surrounded by a family of musicians. "My first inspiration," he says, "was the most beautiful lady in the world, Aileen N. Waiolama Perez, my mom. Others include my dad, George Kahumoku, Sr., Sonny Chillingworth, Gabby Pahinui, Ledward Kaapana, Leonard Kwan, Ray Kane, Atta Isaacs, Cyril Pahinui and my stepdad, Roman P. Perez. I love them all."

Tune in to the live broadcast from Uncle Moses's backyard at Kealakehehe Hawaiian Homesteads, on Oct 21st at 9am only on http://www.livehawaiianmusic.com Or come back and check it out on demand in their archives.

Jeff Watkins
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2009 :  10:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha
I'm really glad to see that Moses is back and playing guitar. Mahalo nui loa for providing the site.

A hui hou
Jeff

Jeff Watkins
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  10:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto what Jeff said. PHD, back in Hawaii? Sounds like his fortunes have changed. Pohakuloa is a song I play to this day. Let's hope for some new music from Moses!

Cheers!

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000