Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Hawaiian Roller Coaster song...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  5:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Pearl City Boy for driving into the East Bay and doing some tunes last week...
and especially for the "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Song" ...
I'm gonna try to get it together and pull it out of my thinking cap for our post orchestra concert party (a sugar fest)--later this month @
I think the 4th and 5th graders should get a kick out of it!
Good to see ya...and you were great with our friend's son Quinn.
Your aloha and dad skills are like the waves at the North Shore of Oahu.

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  9:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howzit Kapila Kane,

I'm so glad I had a chance to see you and Karen during your recent visit. It was fun teaching Quinn and you the "Lilo & Stitch" song (did you notice that Karen and Quinn's folks couldn't resist singing along too?). Maybe we have a budding new young Hawaiian music recruit?

My son Pono and I enjoy singing that song at open mics. Good luck with it at your school--I'll bet most of the students know the tune but not the Hawaiian lyrics. FYI, the song was written and sung by Mark Ho'omalu, kumu hula of the Academy of Hawaiian Arts in Oakland, and on the recording/movie he was joined by the Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus. I highly recommend listening to the original arrangement--very nicely done, except too bad they used a banjo instead of a uke.

Aloha,
Doug

Edited by - PearlCityBoy on 12/02/2009 07:06:18 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000