Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Slack-Key concert at Kapiolani Bandstand...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  11:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Hello everyone, did anyone attend the Slack-Key concert at Kapiolani Bandstand yesterday? Any feedback? I had to "fire" kilns at the university all day and night and missed the event

hokulei
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  12:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Send hokulei an AOL message
It was awesome! The first time I have attended. We got there 2 hours early to get a front row seat. Other than getting a little sunburned it was worth it. Signed up to win all 3 giveaway instruments. Keeping my fingers crossed for that Koa Taylor!
Mahalo to all who put this together every year and all the wonderful local musicians who inspire all of us to keep practicing our slack key guitar.

hokulei
Go to Top of Page

bones
Aloha

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  1:44:10 PM  Show Profile
Brah, I was stoked! I am friends with Kawika Kahiapo so I sat with my family right behind the musician's tent. I got to meet Uncle Ray Kane and Kawika intoduced me to Cyril Pahinui. As far as the performances, the sound was better than the last concert. I really enjoyed Uncle Ray and his group, George Kuo was awesome as usual, and Kawika Kahiapo's style is so is just pleasing to the ear. All the musicians were great. I also got to meet Landeza. He's so down to earth. I asked him if he had any of his instructional DVDs with him and he said he only had two and he sold me one of them. I was blown away. I'll let everyone know how I like it after I go through it all. Again awesome concert!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  2:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
E bones - please say aloha to Kawika from me. I am a big fan of Kawika's style and smooth vocals.

Mahalo to everyone who posted about their festival experience.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

bones
Aloha

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  9:22:24 PM  Show Profile
E Andy- Kawika did mention you in conversation. I told him about Taro Patch and he said that he married you and your wife. What a small world yah?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000