Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Where's Slack Key Lady?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  12:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
You old timers (members from 2002) remember Slack Key Lady? The recent talk of Cindy Combs being on the 2004 Herschel Freeman tour had me reminiscing her knowledgeble and humorous posts that we have not seen since May of 2002. What has she been up to? Where'd she go?

Cindy - I miss you!

Andy

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  02:40:00 AM  Show Profile
I'll be seeing her tomorrow night, and will pass along your inquiry...

She'll love that you're asking for her!

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Bill Campbell
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  7:22:20 PM  Show Profile
Auntie Maria. Tell her 'hi' and that I still love her.
Bill
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  8:44:59 PM  Show Profile
We caught Cindy at Roy Sakuma's ukulele festival in Lihue in June.
click for pix

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  02:23:53 AM  Show Profile
We had some special times with Cindy at Aloha Music Camp. She came out for some of the kanikapilas, and I really got to enjoy her presence there. She taught the intermediate ukulele class during the day.
Go to Top of Page

launie
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  11:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit launie's Homepage
I love Cindy's Slack Key Lady album, so reading this thread I thought I'd go look at her page. Don't, folks! Not unless you're looking for something naughty. The address appears to have been taken over by one of those nasty sex sites. I wish they'd stop them doing that, it really isn't fair. Maybe the lesson for people with web sites is to be extra careful about renewing registrations. Please don't go there; there's nothing to see, but it makes the new owners feel good about someone else clicking 'their' site, if you know what I mean.

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  12:04:19 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Jamie,
I'm not sure what site you visited, but all the links listed on her taropatch.net member profile page are genuine. Check her out:
http://www.taropatch.net/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=40
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  12:05:27 PM  Show Profile
Try Cindy.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  1:19:44 PM  Show Profile
Cindy was sincerely touched that you were asking for her! I passed her a note at our Board meeting last night, and followed it up with a chat afterwards. She's been super-busy all summer, and is preparing for her upcoming (2004) mainland tour with Cyril Pahinui & Dennis Kamakahi.

I'm sure she'll be posting something here soon!

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  6:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo Auntie Maria. I really appreciate it.

I noticed what happened to Cindy's site too so I updated all her links last week.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

slackkeylady
Aloha

35 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  7:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit slackkeylady's Homepage
Aha!!!!!
I knew you guys were talking about me . (Auntie told me)
I am back and thrilled to have my 1st US tour getting closer and closer. I have been dreaming of this for 30 something years and looking forward to it (fo real) for 2 years. 2 years ago, it seemed eons away...but time flies....especially the older you get!
I have been busy. I have 2 steady gigs now ...Hanapepe Cafe Fridays and Hanalei Bay Resort w/ Randy CarneVali on Saturdays. (Randy plays bass.)
I am homeschooling my 15 year old daughter and planning to be in Santa Cruz for Xmas and trying to hook up with a gig @ Henflings while I'm there.
I have been on this puter 4 ever today, trying to get the best airfare deals for our trip.
Had a great chat with Auntie last night. That wahine is very savvy when it come to the world of Hawaiian music. She says the tour is 'grueling' and I believe her....looks like a ping pong ball down from Alaska across the US and back....I hope Cyril and Dennis know some good jokes! I think I will try to bring my bamboo/coconut putter and a funny metal fake hole thingy....they probably have that. I'll ask. I need a bigger suitcase.
I had the BEST TIME OF MY LIFE at Aloha Music Camp. If you ever get the chance to go ....GO!!!!!! There is a forum for campers just getting started so I'll ask if it's OK to let you guys in on it and come back here to let you know.
I ordered roller skates today. I will be going to the post office everyday next week. I used to skate at Skatland in Waialae. Anybody remember that place? That's where I met Manulele (Bridgette Clarke nee Dudois). Somebady stole my skates about 13 years ago...dog. I will skate again!
I am learning jazz standards and arranging most in Keola's C....driving bass player crazy! Good 4 him.
Ukulele festival was awesome.....check Dusty's photo...me and big FOOT.
Have I given you too much information???
Playing catch-up. I'll be around.
Aloha, skl

Aloha Nui Loa, Slack Key Lady
Go to Top of Page

slackkeylady
Aloha

35 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  11:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit slackkeylady's Homepage
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!I ASSumed that my website was gone....Gone yes...GONE WRONG! My old, unupdated, thought it was gone site is now at the link Dusty posted...brudda.com/~ccombs/

I was totally bummed at seeing those links linked from my old web address! Cyber Scum! UGH. I am going to try to get it off of there asap.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2003 :  12:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back Slack Key Lady! Glad to see that the world is so small that word of my post made it to you so quickly. Mahalo Auntie! She IS one savvy lady!

Happy to see you back at the 'patch. Looking forward to reading the posts about your tour. It's west coast only, right?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2003 :  02:28:54 AM  Show Profile
Here's the schedule for the next mainland "Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters" tour -- Jan & Feb 2004, this time more than just west coast:

January
23 F Hering Auditorium, Fairbanks AK
24 S Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, Anchorage AK
26 M Cordova High School, Cordova AK
28 W Town Hall, Seattle WA
30 F Humboldt State University, Arcata CA
31 S California State University, Chico CA

February
4 W Freight and Salvage, Berkeley CA
5 TH Rio Theater, Santa Cruz CA
7 S Cedar Cultural Center, Minneapolis MN
8 SU Old Town School of Folk Music, Chicago IL
10 T The Ark, Ann Arbor MI
11 W Wolf Trap Barns, Vienna VA
12 TH Wolf Trap Barns, Vienna VA

For details, see the promoter's website:
http://www.herschelfreemanagency.com/

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================

Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2003 :  1:53:59 PM  Show Profile
Cindy,

Sheila and I really enjoyed seeing you and Randy at the Hanalei Bay Resort
click here

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

slackkeylady
Aloha

35 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  6:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit slackkeylady's Homepage
ladyDusty and Sheila, I enjoyed seeing you at HBR (Hanalei Bay Resort)...nice photo! I especially enjoyed meeting you on the street in Hanapepe! I was playing the part of the wandering troubador while the Hanapepe Cafe was remodeling.
The cafe has reopened under new owners and is doing great. Still only open for dinner and music on Friday nights but it is really taking off. We are always packed and there is fish on the menu. (Used to be only vegetarian.) I have my own stage that is set back in an alcove which was built just for me! The place is pretty small so I am up and out of the way now with a bird's eye view of the room. Thank you so much for tracking me down and coming out to support live music. Mahalo!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000