Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Where's Slack Key Lady?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2003 :  12:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
fyi... Cindy's updated website is now at http://www.slackkeylady.com

Andy
Go to Top of Page

slackkeylady
Aloha

35 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  6:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit slackkeylady's Homepage
Aloha Taro Patchers,
Yah!! I have a new website!
It's waaaay cooler that the old one (which will remain anonymous....until further notice). There is a photo gallery that includes an image of Auntie Nona and I on her 80th birthday that I truly love. It was after that night's concert at Aloha Music Camp....she was so gracious to pose with me. For those of you on or going to the US mainland in Jan.-Feb., the tour schedule is up there. http://www.slackkeylady.com
Do any of you know what type of hard shell case will fit a Big Baby Taylor? Evidently, Taylor does not make them....that's what I've been told. I really should check with them...hard to believe no more hard case for the BB.
Little Feat are coming to Kauai and will play for us on Wed. I got the night off so I can go. Everybody is pretty excited about it. I am going to pick up a CD today done by Don Rhoades, one of the Peace People that are on this Hawaii tour and may play some slack w/ him at the show!
Props up to Puma and Aaron who helped me fix my flat tire last Saturday night before last on the way home from the gig. The Puhi braddahs rock!
Kden.... until we meet again....keep slackin'.

Aloha Nui Loa, Slack Key Lady
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  6:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Slack Key Lady,
In regards to the the Baby Taylor. Taylor does have an SBC hard case for the Baby (mine came with one). Cases should be available from Taylor, Guitar Center or any other large Taylor distributor.
Aloha, Sulle
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  12:29:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy, and Jerry,
I had some difficulty getting a hard case for my Baby Taylor. Now is the Baby the same as the Big Baby? Anyway, one of the salesmen at the shop where I bought mine knew of a manufacturer who still makes those cases, he had to call them and order one and it took a few weeks. Michelle Kiba, Ukalady extraordinaire, got the same case from the same salesman, but I think we were lucky because we were told Taylor no longer made these. I don't get it... I acutally got a soft gig bag with mine, but why wouldn't you provide a hard case for something as sweet as my Baby Taylor?
Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  10:35:39 AM  Show Profile
I have read that TKL and SKB cases for 000 martins will work. A better choice for flying might be one of Bruce Lamb's flight cases. You could pack your big baby in its gig bag in the case plus other stuff too.

http://www.thegtw.com/

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2003 :  02:48:20 AM  Show Profile
I just love the photograph Bruce took of Liko Puha standing on his case, with Bruce's good guitar inside of it. Liko is a formidable man. He could probably crush my little red convertible car if he tried. Let's see, I think he's a sixe 5X t-shirt....
Julie
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2003 :  2:20:20 PM  Show Profile

Over 700 lbs!!!

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2003 :  4:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
BTW, Bruce's cases, now called "the Clam", received a nice review in this month's Acoustic Guitar magazine.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  02:27:56 AM  Show Profile
Dusty! Where did you get that picture? I remember when Bruce had just taken it, he was grinning from ear to ear just like the Cheshire Cat. All we need now is the Schwarzenegger (oops, sorry, ahem, the Governor) to round out the picture. Anyone out there with digital image enhancement expertise?
Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  12:35:47 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Dusty! Where did you get that picture?

From Bruce's website. If you "right click" the image and choose "Properites", you can see the link.

I wouldn't ordinarily include a link to an image from someone elses website - but I figure is free advertisement for Bruce.

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 11/19/2003 12:38:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  1:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
i gotta say, in that photo bruce looks a wee bit worried - standing by the end where it's probably better reinforced - while liko looks like he's ready to do some ku`i steps just to see what happens...

Keith
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  3:31:26 PM  Show Profile
I still think I did the right thing in getting a Miranda for travel.
Raymond
San Jose
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  01:47:13 AM  Show Profile
Ah Keith, Bruce is standing on the side because that's the only place left to stand. It is difficult to get the scale of Liko's grandeur unless you stand (like a 5'1" dwarf) next to him. I love that man!
Julie
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  01:41:53 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Cindy:

I have a Baby Taylor, not the Big Baby, and I didn't try and get a case to fit - I just use a concert/flamenco size case and pack all my t-shirts and pareos and, ummm. undies around the guitar. Works great, more room in da suitcase, too. Looking forward to hearing you play when you get ot West Coast. Yah.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Lamb
Aloha

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  9:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruce Lamb's Homepage
Aloha everyone, I've been getting calls about the review on my case but haven't seen it yet. They keep forgetting to send me my copy. Cindy I'll send you one of my cases. As Ray Kane says NO Chaaaarge! Speaking of Uncle Ray I'm currently working on the DVD that I shot of him in his home last June. I'll keep you all informed. Also makeing one of his other videos into a DVD for him.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000