Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Aloha Keleawe performance last Saturday
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kahalenahele
Lokahi

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  11:05:07 AM  Show Profile
What a fun experience! Aloha Keleawe, the Hawaiian trio I'm in, played for a great farmer's market crowd Saturday morning in Palo Alto, CA. The name "Aloha Keleawe" (very) roughly translates to "we love shiny metal," which is appropriate considering our choice of resonator instruments.

The farmer's market was pretty crowded, with plenty of produce, other fresh foods, and political campaigning (a couple of Presidential campaigns had tables set up, as did some local referendums). Lots of families out and about, even on a chilly and overcast day (at least for Northern CA standards).

Here's a shot of us with a couple of backup/lead singers:

That thing behind me is a bread display, not an outhouse.

We lucked out in that we were the only band scheduled that morning, so we could play an extended set. We went over great with the younger (stroller) crowd. I think I know why folks like performing for kids! I also learned that shiny instruments go over well with a crowd.

Here's a shot from "Hawaiian Cowboy," with me playing my solo in the best way I know how:

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000