Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Mali`o - A Hawaiian Music Concert of Women (O`ahu)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  10:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message

An excerpt from an email written by Ku`uipo Kumukahi...
This concert is presented by the Maiki Aiu Foundation. It is the very first one and I hope we can continue this not only on O`ahu but throughout Hawaii and hopefully elsewhere.

We are quite excited for this event - all women will perform in a solo vignette and later join together as 1 group. We will also honor some of our na kupuna wahine o na mele Hawai`i that afternoon. All proceed will go toward the foundations scholarship / mentorship program. the talent includes Darlene Ahuna, Haunani Apoliona, Leilani Rivera Bond, Karen Keawehawaii, Kuuipo Kumukahi, Lorna Lim, Maryann Lim, Nani Lim, Owana Salazar.

Concert is on November 2, 2003 at the Mamiya Theater 3-6PM......
Mali`o is special - it only features women who perform Hawaiian Music with their instruments. We have representation from Hawai`i, Maui, O`ahu & Kaua`i and the instruments used will be, ukulele, guitar (ki ho`alu included), bass, steel guitar.

SPECIAL HONOREES for the evening of Mali`o

Aunty Ida Kelii Chun
Aunty Pahukoa Morse
Aunty Genoa Keawe
Joan "Aunty Pudgy" Young
Wehilani Ching
Aunty Lavy Deltoro
Aunty Ethelynne Teves
Aunty Mona Teves

TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE FOUNDATION OFFICE

PLEASE CALL 949-0242 - KAREN AIU

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  3:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Wow - with a line up like that -- wish I had the bucks to take one of them Hawaiian holiday packages -- I'm going to call Karen Aiu and see if they've thought of recording it.
Raymond
San Jose.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000