Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Taropatch.net's RJS Live in Mtn View CA
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sirqitous
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  1:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit sirqitous's Homepage  Send sirqitous an AOL message
Aloha all,
Last Friday I went to eat at a charming little Mexican & Salvadorean restaurant in downtown Mtn View, it's been there forever.
<<El Calderon, 699 Calderon at Church St>>
In addition to good grinds, they really got the 'Aloha Spirit', south-of-the-border style.
Raymond plays guitar there 1st and 3rd Fridays from 6:30 to 9:30, and adds just the perfect vibe to a nice sit-down on 'aloha friday'.
His repertoire and approach really makes a nice blend of ki'hoalu and latinoamericano flavor....I found myself bouncing between nostalgia for Hawai'i nei, and for Costa Rica, where I toured once a long time ago. Just the thing to do, while sipping a guanabana...
Come get some good kaukau and say Aloha no to our friend in this 'ohana!
Eric
(Kanaka Waiolina)

http://myspace.com/sirqitous
http://youtube.com/sirqitous

Edited by - sirqitous on 09/09/2003 1:50:30 PM

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  7:46:04 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo nui & muchissimas gratias
I really enjoy playing at El Calderon. Very nice people. Good food, cheap. Over the months it has let me experiment a lot and bring together two styles of music I love. "Cocktail slack key with a latin beat."
Any of you who would like to stop by: In Sept., I will play on the 26TH, (not the 3rd. Friday) then go back to 1st & 3rd.
I'm usually there by 5:30 and start playing when there's enough people eating. Usually the crowd thins andI'm out by 8:30 - 8:45.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  7:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Ki Ho`astaluego

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  8:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
when i was a grad student at stanford a decade or so ago, we'd go to el calderon for the pupusas. yum! unfortunately, raymond wasn't playing back then :-( it's a great place.

Keith
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  11:54:47 PM  Show Profile
I first went to El Calderon when I was a post grad student - back about 77, 78. At that time they had a guy playing classical & Spanish guitar on weekends - very romantic, plus cheap -
-- now a few years later, I still go there (with my wife) and am the guy playing the guitar -- wonder if we might have seen each other -
Raymond

PS pupusas are still great
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  4:38:27 PM  Show Profile
Aloha!
I had the pleasure of hearing Raymond play a few weeks back at El Calderon Restaurant!
http://www.edesignsbysuze.com/elcalderon/menu.htm
The restaurant has great ambiance, yummmmy (inexpensive) food and Raymond, you are an outstanding musician!!! I know there's alotta taropatch.netters around the Bay Area, and I encourage you to go check Raymond out and have a good meal too.
Mahalo Raymond!
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  11:07:00 PM  Show Profile
Hey thanks, Stacey - it was great to see you and your family there. I envy you with kids so musically talented. Playing again this Friday ...
Ki Ho 'astaluego (love that)
Raymond
San Jose
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000