Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 So Cal Fires
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  1:50:35 PM  Show Profile
I hope members of the ohana in Southern California and their families have escaped the tragedy of the unbelievable fires. I wish you all the very best.

Pauline

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  2:44:55 PM  Show Profile
Us, too. Paradise sometimes doesn't work out (sigh)... About 5 years ago, everybody I knew was moving to San Diego for the climate and lifestyle. Very ungood, now.

...Reid

Edited by - Reid on 10/28/2003 2:45:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  3:25:25 PM  Show Profile
If anyone from this ohana did get wiped out by the fire, I would like to know as well as know what kind of help would be useful to them.
Raymond
San Jose
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  02:49:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I'm OK...smoke and ashes in the air but the fires are 15-20 miles away so I'm blessed this time...last really bad fires came up to my property line. How's everyone else down here doing?

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  09:08:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hope all of you in SoCal are doing okay. My brother is in LA and while not in any immediate danger is seeing ash in the air like cpatch.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  09:36:35 AM  Show Profile
What Raymond said: if you get into trouble with the fire,let us know.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  12:51:44 PM  Show Profile
I had to evacuate (TierraSanta) and the six condo units 100 feet south of me are damaged. The fire burned up to my foundation, but I only lost some potted plants. Everything else is OK. Anybody heard from Dusty? I know he was effected in Valley Center.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  1:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Glad to hear you're OK Terry. For anyone intrested, there's a satellite image of the fires here (taken yesterday):

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/natural_hazards_v2.php3?img_id=11808

The San Diego fires are the ones at the bottom of the image.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  3:02:40 PM  Show Profile
We had to evacuate on Sunday at about 3:30 am. We live on the western slope of a hillside and the fire was burning the property at the top of the hill about 75 yards from us and had just moved down toward us and burned a some cars on the property just above us (about 50 feet from us) and exploded their propane tank. There was sparks and embers raining down on our property as we left. Our home was miraculously spared. We came back in this morning. There is still lots of smoke and ash. The main part of the Paradise fire (near us) has moved to the northeast (Mt. Palomar) and southeast (Julian). We appear to be safe for the moment.

Thank you all for your concern.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  3:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Glad to hear you are okay Terry and Dusty. Thanks for keeping us updated. The images on television are wild. I cannot imagine the reality. Stay well SoCal `ohana.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  3:34:04 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you guys are doing ok. We had a fire spread to our house when I was a little kid, many decades ago, and the images still occasiobally come up in dreams. --- Just a friendly word without trying to be presumptuous, but I've worked with people who have survived different tragedies while others got killed or seriously injured, property wiped out, etc -- don't be surprised if you get some "survivor guilt" - if it happens and is more than a passing things -- there is lots of effective help for that stuff.

BTW, isn't Keith Marzullo somewhere down there also?

Raymond
San Jose
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  5:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Yes, Keith is down here but I'm not sure exactly where he lives...I think he's in a safe area. Glad to hear you're OK Dusty.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  5:59:41 PM  Show Profile
So far, all the news is good. I hope that continues, but then, folks who have lost a home won't be posting on a BB right away. As Raymond said, let us know and let us know how to help.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  6:33:16 PM  Show Profile
Keith lives in Encinitas - a safe area. He may still be out of town.

The air is so clear today, we can see Catalina island form our patio oops lanai. Go figure.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  7:17:54 PM  Show Profile
A fellow on an ukulele board tells of having his house escape while neighbors lost theirs. He's camped out at home, no phones, no power. And no looting; that must be a large part of why he returned. He posted from work. Even his burned out neighbors are returning and camping out on their lawns. His son had some experience in setting up relief camps/stations in Kosovo and Iraq, so that's what he's doing now. Helping others must keep the heebie jeebies away for a while; true Raymond?

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  8:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
A lot of people are camping out on their properties to prevent looting...so far there have only been scattered reports of looters but the people camping out are without water, power, etc.

It IS an incredibly clear day today, but for some reason it also smells like smoke again. Go figure, indeed.

Craig
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000