Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Slack Key Concert Series at Ritz-Carlton, Maui
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AuntyD
Aloha

24 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  9:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyD's Homepage
Aloha ka~kou,

I just received an e-mail from Paul Konwiser of http://www.slackkey.com/ and thought I'd pass on this exciting info to this forum :

"...we (George Kahumoku and I) are presenting a new series of slack key shows here. I have traveled all around the country with George, Dennis, Cyril, Led and others presenting real Hawaiian music. But as you may be aware, when you come to Hawaii, it's hard to find this music.

George played at the Westin here for years, accompanying crab legs and other crustaceans at the seafood buffet. There was no way anyone could really appreciate the music in that setting.

What I envisioned was a true "concert" setting, where you come to a theater and listen to these guys. And not just the music, but the talk story that is always such a key part of these presentations. Sort of like getting invited to a kanikapila in a Hawaiian backyard. We have done our first three shows. George is the host, and we have a guest artist each week. The first three guests were Cyril, Led and Dennis. We would like to think that slack key music has (at last!) a home.

I remember the wonderful review of one of George's shows that you wrote http://www.kahumoku.com/reviews.htm , and I thought you would be interested in knowing about this new concert series. It is every Tuesday night in a small theater at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Kapalua.

I hope you'll come and see us next time you're on Maui...You can find more details on our website, www.slackkey.com.

A hui hou!
Paul Konwiser
Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Productions

Yes! A real venue for real Hawaiian music. I can dig it. I'm checking it out next time I'm home and maybe you may want to do so, too.

Me ke Aloha,
Aunty D http://hawaiianlanguage.com

"Aloha is...":
http://www.geocities.com/moekeale2020/alohalesson.htm

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  04:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha e aunty d,

thanks for forwarding the good news! the ritz-carlton has been very supportive of hawaiian music and culture.

i can't view the web page www.slackkey.com (my address is blocked??) anyone else have this problem?

keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  10:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I'm not having a problem. I just added this link to the links section earlier this week. If you let me know the error you're getting, I can forward it on.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  08:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
got it now, thanks! i got the error while in a lawyer's office in bologna, hum...

aloha,
keith
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  12:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Most lawyer offices I have been in are full of bologna, no, yeah?

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  09:08:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bwop

Most lawyer offices I have been in are full of bologna, no, yeah?

LOL! I'm glad that I am not a lawyer.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  12:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I don't have any problem accessing the Web page either, and it's worth noting that according to the Web site they will be releasing CDs of past Masters of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Concert Series.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  6:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
yeah, well, you'd like this lawyer... she's one of the leading people in law and the Internet and is a professor at the University of Bologna. she worries about things like whether Andy would be liable if someone posted harmful information on this web site (well, if the site were in the european union). plus, she keeps little majani chocolates in her office that her husband and i kept nibbling on while working there.

hey bwop, got a picture of that '69 D-28 somewhere? it sounds like a beauty...

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  10:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by marzullo

yeah, well, you'd like this lawyer...
  1. she's one of the leading people in law and the Internet and is a professor at the University of Bologna.
  2. she worries about things like whether Andy would be liable ...
  3. she keeps little majani chocolates in her office

You're right, Keith. I do like this lawyer.

I'll have to ask my lawyer (who is a classmate and friend, btw) whether she has majani chocolates on her desk. However, I'll do it during non-billable hours.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  3:33:10 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Kakou,
Nice article about George in the Maui News 11/30
http://www.mauinews.com/features/story/121202003_fea02George1130.asp
Aloha, >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  11:11:21 PM  Show Profile
Majani? What's a majani chocolate?
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  12:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message

Mmm... majani. I've actually never tried it. Keith, is that gianduia? Drool...

Back topic. Thanks for the link Popoki!

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000