Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 George Kahumoku & Bob Brozman Workshop
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  12:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
My wife and I just returned from an event that has surely changed my life... a workshop with George Kahumoku and Bob Brozman with a surprisingly small number of people attending. Which meant, for example, that the 4 of us who brought steel guitars got to spend hours and hours soaking up the electric magic that emanates from Bob Brozman. He knows things which not only make you a better steel guitar player, but that help you win friends, influence people, and keep your woman in love!
Each one of us got something that we personally needed from Bob. He really took the time to make sure that each of us knew our strengths and weaknesses, and where we could apply some effort to quickly reach a new level of expression.

George was all Hawaiian heart and soul, which he seems to be every time I have met him. Teaching classes, personally checking in with his guests and students, putting together great meals (well Nancy gets a lot of credit here too) and making everyone feel like ohana. My great thanks to both George and Nancy for all the kindness. I know that many of you already know George and have attended his workshops, but for those who have never had the privelage, I hope that the slack key gods will smile on you some day soon!

Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2003 :  8:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
E Kona Bob, you too hilahila to mention that your smilling face and heart-felt music was core to the great workshop. Shirley's fiddle in the kanikapila was so adept! Auntie Edna's presiding over song-writing was da best, and Danny's 'ike in 'olelo hawai'i too. What a workshop-- comraderie, sweet music and inspiration out the wazoo. This one changed my life, too.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2003 :  1:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
I just got back from Hawaii and wanted to echo what Bob and Bwop said. The workshop was a wonderful experience!

It was so good in so many different ways that it's hard to list them all. Bob Brozman is a great teacher with lots of interesting ideas about music. The songwriting with Auntie Edna and Danny was eye-opening and inspiring for me (I don't consider myself a songwriter). George is a really generous guy with lots of Aloha spirit.

It was fun hanging out and jamming with other like-minded people. I'm very grateful to Nancy and George for all the creativity and hard work they put into the workshop.

Gary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000