Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters - 2004 Schedule
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lopaka
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  12:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Lopaka a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo Patrick, Cindy, Dennis and Cyril!!!

What a night it was in Berkeley, California!

(See photo below)

THANK YOU SO MUCH for a terrific and entertaining evening. As always, the music was awesome and no doubt, all of our troubles faded away as we soaked in a little bit of Aloha. I think my favorite part was listening to Cyril and Dennis talk story because not only does it add color to the song, but more importantly it helps me understand the heritage and history in a way that I can pass it along to my children. Also, thanks also for the chance to talk story with you after the show. Best wishes as you continue on with the rest of the tour! When you get to Minneapolis, don't forget to take your coffee in with you at night - might be as cold there as Alaska!

If anyone out there hasn't already bought tickets for this tour, don't walk... RUN and buy them (if they're not already sold out!).

Mahalo, -Bob

H a w a i i a n ..at heart!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  12:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message

Mahalo Bob for sharing your photo and experience!
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  8:56:10 PM  Show Profile
Omigosh! I went up to Chicago yesterday for the concerts - what a blast!! HUGE mahalos to Dennis, Patrick and Cindy (Cyril, too, but I don't think he's a taropatch.netter) The Old Town School of Folk Music is a fantastic venue - I was sitting no more than a couple yards from the performers (well, for the first show, anyway. I spent the second show hanging around in the entry talking story , then bopping inside from time to time to dance in the aisle. Whee!)

I had the very great pleasure of finally meeting Patrick and helping him sell CDs, which let me plug taropatch.net to a bunch of folks - hopefully we'll have some people stop by to check us out and join our `ohana. (P.S., Patrick says "hi" to everybody!)

Highlights? Dennis brought tears to my eyes with his rendition of Sam Li`a's Hinahina o ke Kai; Cyril doing Hi`ilawe accompanied by some lovely local hula dancers - WOW; Mona Lisa ; harmonica duets! and every last moment of those four amazing performers jamming, which was the lift I needed to get me through the rest of this dreary midwestern winter.

So, now I'm off to get the kids ready for bed, and to see if I wake up tomorrow with this same goofy grin plastered on my face.

Me ke aloha,

Debbie B

Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  10:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Hi Debbie,
Glad you got to see the show. You don't get that many chances in the frozen midwest. Diana and I saw the show in Berkely last Wed. (front row) and really enjoyed it also. I thought the last set with all of them jamming was especially wonderful. In the jam situation Cyril really shows some of his many guitar skills. Take care;stay warm. Jerry
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  11:37:55 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Patrick:

Really great to see you in Sebastapol, eh? Sooooooogood you sound.
You bringing the boys back to the Bay Area on this tour? Yes please!!!!!!

cathe
Go to Top of Page

launie
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  10:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit launie's Homepage
I have to add my little bit to what everyone has said so far. I saw the show last night at the Wolftrap Barns in Virginia, well worth the two-and-a-half hour drive from the frozen wilds of PA. Cindy was a revelation, Dennis' performance an inspiration, and I've never seen Cyril so laid back. My only complaint is that Patrick wasn't on long enough. Four totally different styles and different characters, but what a wonderful flowing evening. I think they managed to do everything on my wish list and a lot more to boot! There was no skimping, either - we even got an encore. It's fascinating to watch masters at work. I think I learned a lot about picking just by watching them.

My wife hit me on the way back - she asked why the journey was taking so long and I confessed I was going the long way so that I could hear all the albums I'd picked up at the show before we got home. She had to get up at 6 this morning. But don't worry, I was able to have a lie in and now I'm having a late breakfast, enjoying the music all over again.

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  9:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
You folks are AWESOME! Mahalo for coming out! I'm off to Maui tomorrow morning....Cathe, I would like to come back with the Next Generation guys soon!! And Jamie..if all goes well..we will be back in August!! I hope it works out..keeping busy, Debbie you are great! Mahalo for your help in Chicago!

Aloha!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: