Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Howdy from Texas
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  12:16:26 PM  Show Profile
Looks like D! There's no "right" way to finger a chord; just use what is efficient and lets you go to the next chord quickly. You'll find yourself using different fingerings depending on what comes next. I think using a thumb to fret will slow you down.

IMO, learning to play with your thumb behind the neck, in a pincer grip, will make it easier for you to grab some of the nastier chords like Bb in a hurry, tho' I frequently forget my own advice. Fast chord shifts are an important, vital goal.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

BernieB
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  7:30:09 PM  Show Profile
Here's my method. I simply use only my middle finger, bending back the knuckle when pushing down on the three strings to clear the A string. Works well for me.
Go to Top of Page

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  8:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
Pauline,
I never would have thought to finger the D like that. I have always had trouble with it and have ended up being somewhat comfortable with fretting it (all fingers at 2nd fret) with ring finger on the second string the index finger on the 3rd string and the middle finger fretting the 4th string. You fingering works really well when playing Crazy G. I just need to play it this way enough to get it on automatic pilot. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Dominic

www.dominator.ukeland.com
www.myspace.com/dominatoruke
Practice makes Practice Perfect!
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  11:09:03 PM  Show Profile
Dominic,
It's what I ended up with in a failed attempt to use BernieB's method, LOL.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

ukejackson
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  2:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit ukejackson's Homepage
i use bernieb's method.

Uke Jackson, from farmers markets to festival mainstages, from crossroads cafes to cosmopolitan cabarets
Go to Top of Page

Chango
Aloha

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  02:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chango's Homepage  Send Chango an AOL message  Send Chango a Yahoo! Message
just thought y'all might be interested to know:

1) the other night i got free dinner at a café on campus for serenading the cashier chick with my uke
2) i got to play my uke on my university's student radio station :)

one dirty haole
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000