Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Announcements, Feedback, Suggestions
 Members' states in the membership listing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  12:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by OHIO-HAOLE

...wish the member area had alphabetical listing by states!
I'm currently working on this. FYI, the states field has already been added to the members listing and can be sorted.

I still need to see if I can make it so that all states are inputted as abbreviations only and then maybe add a "city/region" field. If and when, I get to that point, I'll need to take the forum offline temporarily while manually cleaning up the database. Thanks to those who provided ideas and kept pushing for this. It's something I've been wanting to add for a long time.

Andy

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  11:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I've made a lot of progress on this in the past 2-3 days. Either tonight (3/31) or tomorrow night (4/1), I'll take the forum offline to complete this project. FYI, it could take a couple of hours, just to back up the database, download, perform the necessary changes and upload it back to the server.

When complete, the members page will list city/region and state; all sortable. Maybe someday, it will be searchable but not this time around.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  10:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Sorry for the downtime tonight. I was trying to implement the changes to the members page but wanted to backup the database first. Ran into a bunch of transfer problems here at home so maybe I will try from the office tomorrow.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  11:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I've been running into quite a few technical problems last night/today in updating the forum. The site is back up for now with the changes still forthcoming.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  4:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Ok. After implementing changes and testing, things seem to be working well. You should see that a city/region field has been added to the member profiles. Moreover, the city/region field and state field now appear on the members page and can be sorted. This should help members seek out others near them. Not many members have info in their city/region field since it did not exist before. Please add it in your profile if you're interested.

A few other upgrades have been done as well but none that would be as immediately visible as the members page changes.

I've also made a change to the mail settings so please let me know if you are able to email other members or not.

Thanks for your ideas and please let me know of any bugs (gremlins or menehune) that come up.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000