Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila in Oregon
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2004 :  02:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
I'm new to this site and looking for ANYONE in Eugene or Springfield Oregon I can jam with. I'm a beginner slack key player and learning from videos and dvd's, but would love to find someone to teach traditional and contemporary Hawaiian music. I play a little uke, but I mostly play guitar. If there's anyone out there who can connect me with someone in my area, please let me know.

Mahalo

Mahina

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2004 :  02:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Maggie,

Give me a call some evening:
five-four-one, five-one-three, six-eight-one-nine.

I have a few contacts for you from when I lived in Pleasant Hill.
Also, ask to make an announcement at one of the W.O.W. or Shedd S.K. shows to find others interested.
I placed an ad in the Weekly and got four reponses, try it. We only got together once before I moved, but there are people out there who wanna kanikapila!
Also, you've got a Mark in Portland and a Mark in/around Ashland who,I believe, both teach privately???
Cathe, how about your sistah in Springfield ?

let us know how your search goes,
Ross
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2004 :  7:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Ross

Many thanks for contacting me on the message board and giving me your #. I will give you a buzz soon. Is the Mark you are referring to in Portland Mark Hanson? PDX may be too far though. Also, thanks for your suggestion about announcing stuff at the WOW Hall and the Shedd and placing an ad in the Weekly. So, where do you live now? Too bad you weren't still in Pleasant Hill (that's close!).

Thanks again for your help!

Maggie

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2004 :  11:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Also check the member pages for members who listed their location in OR. 1 2

Andy
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2004 :  1:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Thanks Andy for the suggestion. Many of the folks don't list what city they live in, so if there's anyone that is close to Eugene or Springfield I hope they will contact me.

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  12:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Andy:

All those folks' email listed in OR are no longer valid (they bounced back). Bummer!

Ross: Left a message for you on your voice mail. I'm home most eves so either email or call the # I left anytime to give me those contacts in my area. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  12:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Sorry Maggie. Not can much can be done about outdated emails. Hopefully Ross can help you out.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  02:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Maggie,
I left a reaaalllyyy long message on your machine!
I expect lots of those numbers won't work; but some may.
Oh, post a little note at the buy-sell center on.....is it 8th & Lincoln?
I don't know if craigslist has a Eugene section??? Do you know craigslist? great service. Look under musicians and your region.
Good luck; I'll call again some time. And look us up if you're ever down this way, OK.

http://www.craigslist.com

Ross
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  08:34:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Thanks for calling me Ross! I'm bummed I missed your call! Glad you're back in the Bay Area and totally immersed in slack key (lucky you!). Your phone beeped when you were giving your last 4 digits of your home phone, so I'll call you on your cell to get your # again this week sometime to talk story. Thanks for the list of contacts and the tip about craiglist!
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  08:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Andy- Thanks for your reply. Ross was a huge help, so hopefully I will get some leads.

Mahalo - Maggie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000