Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 George Kahumoku, Jr. - 1/02 Real Media
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  12:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Borrowed this interview of the KFMG "Jack and Paul Show" off of GK's website. This dates back to January, but it's a fun listen.

Andy

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  5:05:59 PM  Show Profile
Andy,

Thanks. I'm listening for the second time, but there is so much congestion I only get it in 5 second snips. Each little piece is fascinating, all the missing pieces are frustrating. Oh, I'm having better luck now.

I didn't know George and Moses were brothers. Same last name is a clue, I know, but all Hawaiian last names seem to start with "K" so I hadn't noticed. Anyway, he tells a good story and plays great music on his 12-string.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  2:24:12 PM  Show Profile
Aloha mai e Pauline,

That's why us people gotta learn some Hawaiian -- take those k's seriously -- otherwise it's endless confusion. :-)

I remember my first time in the islands, trying to keep all the place names straight. I figured the only way I could was if I really learned them, not just glossed over them like one 'nother k-word.
It was serious business; I could wind up on the wrong street in the wrong town...

And then I got hooked on this beautiful language.

aloha no,
Sarah

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000